Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a white hen who is nearly ready to breed. I want to get a Male soon..any ideas about which colour or mutation would be a nice outcome for her? Any ideas please thanks.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
What are you looking to achieve in the chicks outcome? Albino is sex linked so unless you have a male that is albino or split for it none of the chicks will be albino.

Do you have any idea about her parents to know what she Is masking? :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a Boy today!

Thanks for your reply, I ended up getting a Baby **** today. I know it will take some time until he is ready to breed, but I wanted to get a baby rather than one the same age as my girl, so I can bond with him and make him tame. Im thinking about leaving them separated for a few weeks or even months till he gets a lil bigger to the same size as the girl as he is so small compared to her.
Anyway..he is a very pale yellow with slight bright blue bits on is lower back, kinda between/underneath his wings/feathers, and a bit on the front, like one feather that is Blue. He has some black strips over his head too. I hope he is actually male like the guy said, it could have been mistaken as its hard to tell when they are young, but the man was adament it was male and hes a well known breeder in my area, not just a pet shop worker. I think he mentioned something about Spangle, that he was. Anyway im not really looking for anything in particular, when they are finally both older to breed if they like each other enough. I dont know what the albinos parents are like. Its a female so I guess the babys wont be albino...

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Hope to see photos soon he sounds nice. Congrats on the new addition.

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
I saw a budgie that sounded kinda like that yesterday. Mostly
white, blue trousers, and the palest yellow wash over the whole
bird, more intense on the face. It was really a beautiful little bird.
I'd love to know what that was, so I'd really love it you could post
photos. Love to see your bird, and love to add to my education
here. How's that for selfish, huh <G>

Congrats on your little guy! Hope you have a great time taming
him as he grows up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your reply, I ended up getting a Baby **** today. I know it will take some time until he is ready to breed, but I wanted to get a baby rather than one the same age as my girl, so I can bond with him and make him tame. Im thinking about leaving them separated for a few weeks or even months till he gets a lil bigger to the same size as the girl as he is so small compared to her.
(Update) I just put the hen in her old cage and left the new boy in the bigger new cage, because I was told to introduce the hen to the **** instead of the other way around...
Anyway..he is a very pale yellow with slight bright blue bits on is lower back, kinda between/underneath his wings/feathers, and a bit on the front, like one feather that is Blue. He has some black strips over his head too. I hope he is actually male like the guy said, it could have been mistaken as its hard to tell when they are young, but the man was adament it was male and hes a well known breeder in my area, not just a pet shop worker. I think he mentioned something about Spangle, that he was. Anyway im not really looking for anything in particular, when they are finally both older to breed if they like each other enough. I dont know what the albinos parents are like. Its a female so I guess the babys wont be albino...

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Please post a picture. The bird sound lovely. Congrats on your purchase. Hope it is a male, but if you post a pic the clever people can tell you your bird's sex as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.