Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok here's my new baby, I thought is was female at first, but now I think male.
( If it is :D I have to get another budgie :D )
These pics are w/o a flash.

So I'm going to guess on mutation and see how close I am.

Yellow face 2 skyblue opaline w/ violet factor split green

I think this cuz he has a yellow face and neck is a pea soup green. On her back she has sky blue feathers and light green feathers. On her breast she has green, blue, violet. She also has some yellow on some random parts of her body. Some feathes are green and then blue on the tips.

I think he's got such amazing colors!!! Please let me know and thank you in advance :D

Edit- I was just reading and yellowfaced skyblues have green on them because the two colors mix, correct? So prob. not a green carrier after all...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Who are the parents?

At this point i would be inclined to say YF2 opaline SF violet sky blue male. Could also be a light green if there is a green parent, but it seems unlikely even now.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Type 2 yellow face opaline sky blue. Looks male in the first two pictures and female in the next two. It can't be split for green because green is dominant but often type 2 yellow face blue birds turn greenish after their moult

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

YF2 skyblue opaline male

could not be split for green as green is dominant.
If there is green in lines, green will show. Can only
be green split for blue. Adorable little ball of almost fluff :)

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi. The first two pics are w/o flash. Oops. Mom was a grayish color, I can get a pic of her in a couple days. Dad was a yellow face blue, he didn't know more than that.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have no idea about mutations but cere looks male in the first couple pictures (which he doesn't look to impressed with you in :p). He is such a cutie though, I'm glad he is okay!

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have no idea about mutations but cere looks male in the first couple pictures (which he doesn't look to impressed with you in :p). He is such a cutie though, I'm glad he is okay!
:D I just had to laugh when I read this. I know it kinda looks bad but really I'm not holding him that tight! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.