Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as some of you know I had a beautiful bird name Nanari. Many people here said they had never seen a mutation like hers before. She became instantly popular. Sadly, Nanari died last year of a heart attack.

I would please like to know what her mutation was (ressesive something?):

(back)

(front)

(side)

Thanks! :cool:.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I not know anything about genetics, but she's beautiful! Sorry to hear you lost her.

Try asking nev90 in the genetics section :) He's usually got the low down on mutations

·
Registered
560 Posts
Umm... I'm not sure how to move it :(

But I was doing some research, and I think your Nanari was a Dark Green, Yellow Face (type II), Recessive Pied :)

Of course thats just my amateur guess :p

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Very sorry to hear that you lost her. Nanari was a type 2 yellow face sky blue recessive pied. As usually happens with a type 2 yellow face, the yellow has spread into the body colour giving a very beautiful effect. Her friend is the same mutation without the yellow face

·
Registered
236 Posts
could she also be some sort of greywing or dilute... you can see the very few markings of a reccessive are still dark as in the budgie beside her.. but hers seem kinda washed out... would it be possibel to include greywing or something else to the mutation?

she sure was yf2 reccesive sky blue... and a very pretty one... sorry for your loss

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.