Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new here!

I'm curious about one of my cocks - I've gotten several different opinions on just what kind of pied he is, ect.

I've heard that he's a dominate recessive clearflight violet pied, but also, that that's not possible, as his cere is just so blue.

I bred him with a yellowface II blue hen, and I got three chicks, one violet yellowface, and two clearflight (dominate? little dime mark at back of head, and slight pieding around throat) yellowface pieds (one male, one female).

Well, here's some pics of the **** in question.

These two birds are one of his daughters, and the hen I paired him up with.

·
Member of the Month
3,206 Posts
I would say Clearflight Pied although you can have a dom pied with similar markings. His cere would get dark just like that if he was a clearflight or a dom pied. The male cere of a recessive pied stays light pinky purple so he is definately not that. Beautiful birds for sure :) Someone with more knowledge will be along.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
He looks like he has more than one mutation. He is clearflight pied and probably dominant pied as well

·
Registered
236 Posts
to me he looks more like a reccesive... but is it reccesives that do NOT have iris rings?... then he could be a dominant clearflight...

and the dime patch on the babies would mean they are split pied

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.