Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought mango 2 days ago and loved the patterns on him. hes very pretty. i dont know what type he is. here are a few pictures. he is already old enough to breed according to the iris in his eyes. they are very white in real life

he is in quarantine at the moment. and i think im going to do a photo contest with him for my school and the fair. that or my albino or all of them.

so if anyone knew what mutation he was that would be great. i am planning on breeding him next year. what would give offspring like him the most? i have an albino and pieds and YF2s. My females are in my signature. The last 3 in the top row from left to right and the 3rd one in the 2nd row.

thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hmm this may be coincidence, but from the picture "his" cere looks just like my Athena's cere, and I know she's a female because she was laying infertile eggs when I got her hehe. They also have the same color cheek patches though she's a little darker so I'm thinking mango must have a grey factor. So umm just a possibility, but you may have a girl lol. Either way he/she is very pretty/handsome lol :)

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
wow i love that colour..i want him!
but yes i think hes a greywing opaline..perfect!

·
Mama Bird
1,215 Posts
Just because iris rings look light doesn't mean he is old enough to breed.

Some budgies have their iris rings lighten much sooner than others.

Here's my Ducky at 6 months old, you can see his rings are VERY light,

In comparison, here is my Squirrel at the same age-

It depends on the bird.

I personally wouldn't rush into breeding him right away. *^_^*

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea. thanks everyone. i love his colors. I wont breed him until around July-Aug next year. so he will be over a year

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Yellow face opaline olive greywing

Green is dominent. He will throw greens.
Also, I personally think his cere does seem to
be close to breeding condition.. It looks waxey in the pic :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.