Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure about what this girl is, she's never really let me look at her much, spends alot of time in the nestbox. Last clutch of eggs she abandoned when her mate passed, then she got a new mate, they bonded instantly, and now she's got eggs again. So this is the only shot I could get of her..she barely lets me look inside her nestbox, lol.

So just curious as to what she might be...beside a gorgeous Budgie :)

The interesting thing is, she's got some fertile eggs, but I do not think they are from the new male. I think they are from her previous mate, so I am very excited that he still managed to pass on his genes.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awww, thank you nev. Just a question though, how can you see the Opaline? I've never noticed it, until now really...a bit. But it's not too visible. Like I said, she doesn't let me look at her often, that's pretty much how she's managed sneaking these eggs in again, lol.
Her previous mate was also an Opaline, green...stunning. Wish I had taken pics of him.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Opaline can be seen by the lack of marking on the head and shoulders as well as the wing pattern

G

·
She is STUNNING!! Just a friendly reminder to put some bedding in the nest box. :)
Can't wait to see the babies! Keep us posted.

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
blue opaline greywing
beautiful budgie.

Nev
how can you detect violet factor? (except in visual violet) as i never can

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.