Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys, what mutation is this little lady? She's pied and also has lighter colored wings, they're not black. Also she has small amounts of violet on her.

What do you think of her as a potential bird to breed? Thinking of starting breeding English Budgies? Her wings are kind of droopy?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Cobalt clearflight pied. I don't think she has any violet. She appears to have good size and brow, and would be well suited to a **** with good blow, a longer mask and better spots.

Her flights look a bit long and the wings sit a bit funny, but that could be just the way she is sitting. Wouldn't be a bad breeding hen as such, but I would be inclined to put her down for 2 rounds, take the best of her daughters and then sell her. The thing with breeding show budgies is that good females are gold, you just cant buy them. Good cocks are easy to find and breed, so get as good females as you can find, get better males and then keep any good females bred and improve your stock that way.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK I wouldn't have thought hens are hard to find, thanks for that info!

Cobalt clearflight pied. I don't think she has any violet. She appears to have good size and brow, and would be well suited to a **** with good blow, a longer mask and better spots.

Her flights look a bit long and the wings sit a bit funny, but that could be just the way she is sitting. Wouldn't be a bad breeding hen as such, but I would be inclined to put her down for 2 rounds, take the best of her daughters and then sell her. The thing with breeding show budgies is that good females are gold, you just cant buy them. Good cocks are easy to find and breed, so get as good females as you can find, get better males and then keep any good females bred and improve your stock that way.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about the lighter colored wings?

·
Budgie Adorer
689 Posts
What about the lighter colored wings?
They are just the standard 'black' wings. I have a skyblue male who has the same coloured wings, not quite a black and not quite a brown :p
I'm stuck between a cobalt and a skyblue... She looks more skyblue in some photos but cobalt in others. I'd say cobalt though if you say she looks like she has some violet. She may have had a violet parent and she just has the odd violet looking feather. All my babies (you know them :p) have violet fluffed butts except one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.