Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone~ Long time no post ^^;;
I have some Taiwan Einglish Budgies.
But I don't know under pictures mutation type.
I thingking they budgies are 1. DF Spangle Dominant Pied Violet and 2. DF Goldenface Opalin Spangle Violet.
how about everyone?

1. DF Spangle Dominant Pied Violet or Cobalt?

2. DF Goldenface Opalin Spangle Violet?

·
Member of the Month
7,575 Posts
For number one, I believe you are right, except I'm seeing sky blue instead of colbalt, so it cold be that she is DF spangle dominant pied sky blue.

For number 2, I believe this is a rainbow budgie, which is a Goldenface Type 2 colbalt opaline spangle clearwinged, or something like that. :eek:

Sorry, I'm not the best at mutations. :eek:

·
Banned
724 Posts
Anneoyeonghasseyyo!!!!!!! Welcome to the forum Blackbird!!! I have no idea what mutations those guys are. But they are so gorgeous!!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The mutations that can be seen on your white bird are dominant pied dilute sky blue. She is very likely also spangle but not double factor. If she was double factor spangle you would be unable to see the dominant pied.

The other bird is Type 2 yellow face opaline spangle cobalt. It is possible that he is golden face rather than type 2 yellow face but which ever it is I think it is single factor. With double factor golden face or yellow face 2 the yellow doesn't spread and cause the blue to appear green as much as it has on your bird. Because there is always variation between yellow faces the only way to be sure whether you have a single or a double factor is by breeding results

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^

For number one, I believe you are right, except I'm seeing sky blue instead of colbalt, so it cold be that she is DF spangle dominant pied sky blue.

For number 2, I believe this is a rainbow budgie, which is a Goldenface Type 2 colbalt opaline spangle clearwinged, or something like that. :eek:

Sorry, I'm not the best at mutations. :eek:
Thanks^^ you'e answer is very help to me

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^

I have noticed that my cobalt babies looked skyblue when I took pictures with the flash; is your first bird a darker blue then the picture shows? I think Violet is also hard to capture on camera, especially with a flash. Any way of getting pictures in natural light and no flash?

They are so very pretty :).
Yes. first pictures is somewhat light then the true color, but not use the flash.
However, her true color some have a tinge of cobalt or violet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.