Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think she is a yellowface type 2 spangle.... but I'm not sure if she is a grey wing or a clear wing. She is alot brighter in color than my greywing male.

I would also like to know what he is? Is it normal for his cere to be both a blue and pink color?

I think he's a olive green greywing dominant pied

What about her? I know she is a pied of some sort and has a recessive pied gene as she produced a recessive pied chick... but is she a recessive pied or a dominant pied? Possibly a goldenface?

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
#1 - Yellow Face Type 2 Grey wing and looks like clear flight pied

#2 - Looks like a fully body grey wing dominant pied - and yep the cere is normal Its a Pied thing that happens on occasion I have one who was born in 2009 and his cere is both blue and pink and doesn't seem like its ever going to go pure blue

#3 - Yellow face type 2 sky blue Dominant & recessive pied - assuming she is over 1 yr old she has NO iris rings and you said she gives recessive pied babies I have one who is both Dominant and Recessive pied visually but she's DF Dominant pied so she has less markings then yours actually she has none except for a little bit of bars on her head and a couple on the top of her wing

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#3 She is over a year old. but if you look closely at her eyes she does have iris rings.... And I really thought that #1 was a yf2 grey spangle as she has the markings of a spangle but her wings are so washed out. I guess the only way to know is to breed her. I was planning to pair her to a yellowface type two violet greywing split for opaline. Thanks for your guess's. :D

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Sorry, I don't have a comment, because I can't see the pictures. How did you post the pictures? Did you use photobucket or something similar? I'm trying to find the reason why I can't see the pictures. It isn't just yours - there's quite a lot I can't see.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I don't have a comment, because I can't see the pictures. How did you post the pictures? Did you use photobucket or something similar? I'm trying to find the reason why I can't see the pictures. It isn't just yours - there's quite a lot I can't see.
Yes I did use photobucket.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
#3 She is over a year old. but if you look closely at her eyes she does have iris rings.... And I really thought that #1 was a yf2 grey spangle as she has the markings of a spangle but her wings are so washed out. I guess the only way to know is to breed her. I was planning to pair her to a yellowface type two violet greywing split for opaline. Thanks for your guess's. :D
I don't see any iris rings if she's over a year old her iris rings should be as visible as the iris ring of bird #2 - maybe not as big since it looks like he was pinning his eyes when you took the picture :D

as for the spangle it may be there just hard to see

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I think that your type 2 yellow face spangle is cinnamon as well. She has very soft markings like many cinnamon spangles

You are right about green greywing dominant pied but I’m not sure that the shade is olive

The 3rd bird appears to be a combination of recessive & dominant pied. She looks quite similar to a double factor dominant pied. She is either type 2 yellow face or golden face

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
I think that your type 2 yellow face spangle is cinnamon as well. She has very soft markings like many cinnamon spangles

You are right about green greywing dominant pied but I'm not sure that the shade is olive

The 3rd bird appears to be a combination of recessive & dominant pied. She looks quite similar to a double factor dominant pied. She is either type 2 yellow face or golden face
I wasn't sure about the exact yellow face of #3 either the face looks like a golden face but I didn't think that on a golden face the yellow went all over the body, I thought that was just on type 2 . Does the Golden face go all over like type 2?

if So then I got some re doing to do with my own birds LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.