Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what mutation my budgie has?

These are the only pics I have, sorry :eek:

Also, a few points:

- His scruffy eye was just moulting, the feathers came back in a few days
- His cere is scarred because he had a chunk bitten out of him as a baby (breeder said it was probably an older sibling or parent). It's all healed now :)
- I got him for free (he couldn't be sold because of his scar anyway)
- He's at the vet now being treated for a respiratory infection (and is doing just great! Hope to have him back soon).

So anyway... anyone know what mutation he has based on the pics? I'm sorry I can't upload more until I get him back from the vet's :(

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Going buy my mutation guide your budgie looks like a sky blue, yellowface (type II), greywing, recessive pied cobalt i am not to sure i am still learning my mutations i just go by my mutation guide some one may have a idea or tell me if am right or wrong,

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
Looks to be a mace or cobalt yellow face type 2 spangle grey wing clearflight pied. The only thing is he doesnt have a spot on his head to be a clearflight pied although he has clear flights..hum.
Id just wait for Nev :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Yellow face greywing mauve.
Although the dark markings look thin I don't think he is spangle (note the tail)
The flights aren't clear they are just pale

Does he have a mild case of french moult?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yellow face greywing mauve.
Although the dark markings look thin I don't think he is spangle (note the tail)
The flights aren't clear they are just pale

Does he have a mild case of french moult?

I don't plan on breeding him (or any budgie EVER because from the research I've done, I don't think I could handle it :rolleyes:). I was just curious :)

About the French moult: I don't know. He can fly and his feathers came back after a few days. But he's at the vet now, so if he does have that, do you think the vet will notice and tell me? (He's my first budgie, and this is his first moult, so I don't have any experience with a "normal" moult to compare it to).

Addendum: It occurs to me that it looks like he's missing flight feathers. He isn't missing any, they're just very much clipped. I think she clipped most of them, like 6 or 7, and on one side he got the longest one back first, so it sticks out a fair bit. She clipped so many because he was still flying very high after a light-clipping, so she clipped more. I intend to keep him fully flighted once the feathers come in, because I trust that my apartment is bird-proof, and I supervise him anyway :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.