Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I was just wondering what mutations Pete and Elvis are? They are in my siggy, but let me know if you need anymore pictures.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Hi,
We need more pictures especially of their backs and wings to be able to tell you if there are any mutations like Opaline, Spangle etc :)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Elvis looks like a normal light green, and Pete looks like a cinnamon light green...but i'm not very good at mutations yet :eek: What do you think Zeena? Am i anywhere in the ball park?

G

·
Elvis is a normal lightgreen male split for recessive pied. His head shows a pied spot.

Pete is a lightgreen clearwing male. His cheek patches with bright violet colours indicate a clearwing and not a greywing (where cheek patches will have a hint of grey). In addition, his body colour is bright and not diluted as in greywing.

2 adorable budgies in a good home. :thumbsup:

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
Pete is a lightgreen clearwing male. His cheek patches with bright violet colours indicate a clearwing and not a greywing (where cheek patches will have a hint of grey). In addition, his body colour is bright and not diluted as in greywing.
okay :) I learnt something new :D

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
I agree with Roland :)
Mally- don't worry I had no idea about Pete so don't feel bad ;) You were close with Elvis though!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, thanks for the help, everyone! I am so awful at mutations. :p

I have always loved how they are so similar.:D

·
Registered
936 Posts
wow they are cute, your lime green looks just like my budgie Tango, but i was told he is greywing, but now that i look at tango's cheek patches they look more violet, now im wondering if he is really clearwing! hmm so much to learn!! :D

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Normal light green male - probably split for recessive pied - the clear patch on his head is an indication it is not absolute proof

Opaline clearwing light green male - the bright cheek patches and bright body colour plus the light wing markings show that he is a clearwing. The way the wings, head & shoulders are marked show that he is opaline

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.