Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My first budgie, Pepper, is a year old and the bright blue one in the photo. He's an awesome little bird, and says "Hi Pepper", "no", and does a couple of different whistles. Lucy is the green one, she's two, and she's a really pretty deep jade green. She's super smart, too, and knows two different whistles. The mostly white one is Diamond, and she hates being held and people in general. Diamond is weird though - when we got her, her chest was all pink. She was kept with some all-white birds, and none of them were pink. Now, it's six months later and her cheeks and tail remain super pink. She doesn't have thin feathers or a skin condition, and we don't use anything with red or pink dyes in it. She has little black spots all over her wings. Her other color is a sort of dusky purple. Also, her cere is sometimes white, sometimes super bright pink, and sometimes pale blue. Is she male or female??

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: epo

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello my friend!

Pepper is a sky blue cinnamon boy!Try to upload a photo without flash!

Lucy is a normal dark green girl!

Diamond is a recessive pied violet or mauve male(in my opinion)!Photos don't help!Give us better shots mostly in natural light!

Lovely birds!Especially Pepper!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I don't have a camera right now, just a really old camera phone. Here's a few more pictures:

Pepper in natural light in "his" jade plant.

Pepper

Diamond - this is the first time she/he's perched on me willingly!

Diamond

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so diamond is a recessive pied cinnamon violet (or mauve)? What is the difference between mauve and violet? And, Diamond is pretty much silent all the time except for random ****ering very rarely. Does that make it more likely for it to be female?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.