Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have a few budgies, and these two girls are a pair. I know the english budgie (the blue one) is an opaline spangle, but is she a dilute, clearwing, or greywing? The reason I'm not sure is because she is light blue. She isn't as bright as a sky blue budgie, but she isn't grey either and it doesn't really look like her color is diluted in any way, which I read should be a sign to show if it's a dilute or not.

The american budgie (green one) I think is a clearwing, but I'm curious if she looks like an opaline too, or spangle? She has absolutely no black or grey markings, she pretty much purely green and yellow. She also has a yellow tail.

Curious to hear what you guys think.

Also please let me know if you can see the photo good.

Bird Beak Pet supply Parrot Bird supply

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bird Eye Beak Pet supply Parrot
Bird Beak Parrot Pet supply Feather
Head Bird Eye Beak Parrot

Here are some more photos. Also please excuse the clipped wings, that was from when I first got them (they were clipped before I got them).

·
Administrator
57,084 Posts
Your girls are beautiful! 💜💜
StarlingWings will be able to assist you with their mutations when she is back on-line.

Best wishes!

·
Super Moderator
18,583 Posts
They’re stunning! I admit it took me a little bit as well but I think the blue girl is a greywing opaline spangle, the green girl is a clearwing opaline spangle, as far as I can see. The grey is a grey opaline either clearflight or SF dominant pied.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay, thank you so much for the help!

I'm just curious though, what makes you think the blue one is greywing rather than dilute or clearwing? I do agree with you that she is probably greywing, but I am curious how you came to that conclusion.

·
Super Moderator
18,583 Posts
She’s a bit too dark to be dilute since opaline dilutes body colour as well so a dilute opaline would be much paler. Additionally a clearwing would have almost no visible spangle markings (i.e they’d be paler, as it is in your other budgie who is a clearwing spangle) and a darker body colour since clearwings have no body color dilution. 👍🏻

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She’s a bit too dark to be dilute since opaline dilutes body colour as well so a dilute opaline would be much paler. Additionally a clearwing would have almost no visible spangle markings (i.e they’d be paler, as it is in your other budgie who is a clearwing spangle) and a darker body colour since clearwings have no body color dilution. 👍🏻
Okay totally makes sense, thanks for explaining!

Also, I wanted to ask about they grey one since you mentioned she is an opaline. I didn't think she was one until you mentioned it so I just wanted to post a clearer picture so you can see if she really is an opaline or not.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,583 Posts
You’re right, she’s definitely not! I confess I glanced quickly at her photo and because she’s recessive pied in fact her wing markings were a bit grizzled and because she’s a grey I must have thought I saw body colour in her wings 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You’re right, she’s definitely not! I confess I glanced quickly at her photo and because she’s recessive pied in fact her wing markings were a bit grizzled and because she’s a grey I must have thought I saw body colour in her wings 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣
Okay, yeah no worries! The first photo is a bit blurry around her head so she does look kind of like an opaline there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.