Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just need to know the mutations of these three. They will b for sale very soon in New Zealand they are all handreared babies.Just wondering what price do u guys sell your handreared babies at? Dont worry i have a currency conveter.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The first chick looks like an opaline blue. I would say a cobalt blue. The second chick looks like a normal cobalt blue. And lastly the third looks like a normal cobalt maybe grey factor as well.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Are they yellow face? What are the parents? The last one looks mauve (could be grey) to me.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Just need to know the mutations of these three. They will b for sale very soon in New Zealand they are all handreared babies.Just wondering what price do u guys sell your handreared babies at? Dont worry i have a currency conveter.
Carla, have you seen my Cody and Purdey's babies on my tread. They look nearly the same. The first one, a yellow face blue-grey, but I am not good at mutations. Ask Nev90, he always help me!!!!!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
# I agree with genetics of numbers 1 and 3....but the 2nd bird appear to have a "brown" tinge to the wing feathers....could this be a sign of cinnamon Nev?

# The cost of hand-reared birds vary a lot between countries...we in South-Africa can (at most) get about R20 to R30 (i.e. 2.0 to 2.20 GBPounds equivalent), while sales in UK is at ~ 20GBP for a pet-type bird, and in the USA some can go for ~10 USD to ~20 USD (for hand-reared)...so it is not so easy to convert, if demand / scarcity vary so much ...as it appears between these 3 countries!

Show-type birds, I'm sure will have higher sale-tag, but it's unlikely to be more than "double" that of the pet-type price....

...but when it comes to expert- /world-renowned breeders (that have been in SHOW-hobby for 20+ years)...then the price of show-type can rise to between R400 and R1,500 each (ZAR, rands), or 300GBP to 500GBP (UK prices)....

It's best to consult the local pet-store for competitive price checks or maybe TB-members like ATVchick (USA-based) can provide some pointers on what can be expected...

Good luck,
jacodK

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
# The cost of hand-reared birds vary a lot between countries...we in South-Africa can (at most) get about R20 to R30.

...but when it comes to expert- /world-renowned breeders (that have been in SHOW-hobby for 20+ years)...then the price of show-type can rise to between R400 and R1,500 each (ZAR, rands), or 300GBP to 500GBP (UK prices)....

It's best to consult the local pet-store for competitive price checks or maybe TB-members like ATVchick (USA-based) can provide some pointers on what can be expected...

Good luck,
jacodK
I ask R60-R70 for a hand reared pet type budgie. I also sell my birs to two pet shops - one in Pretoria and one in Polokwane where I get between R 30 - R 40 per bird - not hand reared.

For a show type bird they will pay R 100.

One of our top breeders in SA lives in Garsfontein and his cheapest price for a bird is R 400.

I think the best that you can do is like Jaco said.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
None have yellow faces they are all just white face Mumma is a normal grey i think dad is colbat lemon face. Taking there sister to the vet tonight she is very ill had bad breathing problems yesterday. I boiled some molasses waited till was luke warm gave her little bit in the mouth along with some apple cidar and a real pinch of human panadol crushd up to powder in the boiling liuid seems to have helpd somewhat. Her breathing is normal today and she has been pecking at a bit of parsley. still not drinking just gave her few drops in syringe we are seeing a vet in a few hours. poor little girl she only 6weeks old. Her crouplooks full yet mainley full of air no food. Wait see what vet says her croup alot better today tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.