Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hope whoever’s reading this is well. I absolutely adore genetics and recently got into budgie genetics as well. Just for the sake of my own interest, I’m very curious as to what mutations Peetrie have. We recently found out that he’s a she and not a he, even though he‘s still being referred to as a boy. I learned that the cere colour could potentially also be different due to the mutation. I think one of his mutations are spangled, but I’m not sure. And I’m also thinking that he‘s an opaline budgie. Please, let me know what you guys think! I’m super interested in all your opinions! Thanks! View attachment 256974 View attachment 256975 View attachment 256976 View attachment 256976

·
Administrator
59,662 Posts
Please make sure you do not give your budgies anything that can be used as a nesting site in order to prevent any "accidental" breeding.

A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

I recommend you remove the wooden dowel perch(es) in the cage and replace them with natural wooden perches of varying diameters to help prevent pressure sores.
Pressure Sores

The information in this link will give examples of better options for perches:
Essentials for a Great Cage

I'd also cut of the ends of the cable ties to ensure the budgies don't poke their eyes out or are otherwise injured on them.

Dangers of Rope Perches, Snuggle Huts, Fabric and Tasseled Toys

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for your response! I know dowel perches are bad and that they can cause bumblefooot and other feet diseases in birds. I unfortunately do not live in a country where I have access to bird supplies, other then the basic cages, dowels, plastic toys and mirrors, etc. I’m burying both natural perches as well as platform perches online and they should be arriving soon. There are lots of thjngs that I what to change in our birds’ setup but I have to wait for the things to get here. But thank you for your advice! Do you mind telling me about the mutations of Peetrie, if you know? Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.