Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mummy is a grey?/green with cinnamon wings and Daddy is a mauve? with white wings that have faint grey scallops near the top by the shoulders. They had 7 eggs and 6 hatched as below:

Mummy and Daddy:

6 babies - eldest is 4 weeks old:

Red Eyes so assume an albino:

Red eyes so assume a Lutino:

Many thanks for all your help.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
What a lovely bundle of colours!!

By looking at the pictures you have an Albino and Lutino meaning your **** is split Ino, you also have Greywings?(or clearwing I can't fully tell) which would be from the **** again, and also Spangles which I would also say your **** is. If you can take a picture of the back of the **** bird it would help.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

what a gorgeous bunch, isn't it lovely to get such a surprising mix!

you have two spangles, a cobalt and a green of some sort that also has a head spot. and you have two inos, an albino and a lutino.

so those four tell us that the dad is a spangle and is split for ino and the mum is split for blue.

does the dad have any white patches on his body, the lower feathers looked a bit white inthe pictures? if so he is a dom pied also and the green spangle will be dom pied too. if he has not pied patches the chick is split rec pied, and one of the parents is too (they could have a head spot too).

the other two look like dilutes to me, which would mean both parents have the dilute gene too! the dad looks quite pale so maybe he is dilute and the hen is split dilute? but maybe they are cinnamon greywings... someone with more experience may be able to tell...

so the parents could be:
hen - greygreen cinnamon/blue, dilute? and rec pied?
**** - cobalt? spangle dilute?/ino and rec pied?

quite a mix!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
you all make this so very complicated and it really isn't.. what they are is MINE.. I'm a ways off from NZ so it might take me a while to get there.. lol..
Mom and Dad are beautiful and the chicks are all going to be stunning...heck they already are..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you all make this so very complicated and it really isn't.. what they are is MINE.. I'm a ways off from NZ so it might take me a while to get there.. lol..
Mom and Dad are beautiful and the chicks are all going to be stunning...heck they already are..
Nice Try!!! You are more than welcome to come visit our beautiful country and stop in to look at my babies! I am definitely keeping the lutino and albino. As I am wanting to try to breed violets and greys I will keep an eye on the others for colours. Thanks - I think they are lovely too but then it is my first time! So exciting!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

By looking at the pictures you have an Albino and Lutino meaning your **** is split Ino, you also have Greywings?(or clearwing I can't fully tell) which would be from the **** again, and also Spangles which I would also say your **** is. If you can take a picture of the back of the **** bird it would help.
Hello Thanks - aren't the colours cool. I thought they would be all similar, but are so different. I tried to get a photo of dad but he is a poser and kept looking at the camera. Will try again tomorrow if it doesn't rain too much. Many thanks for your help.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all your helpful comments. Who would've guessed that one budgie could have so many variances in it! I just thought he was a lovely light mauve spangle male! This is so exciting.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Updated Photos of Chicks B08F and B19M

This is definiately chick #1 - born Friday 22 October so 4 weeks old

Box129_20101121_1st_2475.JPG

Box129_20101121_1st_2476.JPG

Box129_20101121_1st_2477.JPG

This is possibly chick #2 born Saturday 23 October (can't tell between this and the Albino which one is #2)

Box129_20101121_2nd_2467.JPG

Box129_20101121_2nd_2470.JPG

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chicks 3 and 4

Chick #3 (or #2!) is an Albino and born Monday 25 October

Box129_20101121_3rd_2478.JPG

Box129_20101121_3rd_2479.JPG

Chick #4 is been advised as a Cobalt Spangle and born Wednesday 27 October

Box129_20101121_4th_2462.JPG

Box129_20101121_4th_2463.JPG

Box129_20101121_4th_2464.JPG

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Babies colourings

They are all beautiful that's what they are. Fantastic mix of colours and varieties in one clutch - just amazing :love:
Thanks - It is going to be hard to decide which ones to keep, I don't want to end up with too many birds! Definitely keeping the Lutino and Albino. I have just updated the photos too.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Thanks for your info. Finally got some decent photos of Marvin the Dad.

Hope these are more helpful. He father 2 dilutes, 2 spangles and 2 inos. He is a very pale mauve with white wings and tail, faint markings on the wings near the top and down near the bottom only.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
You are one lucky b... reeder. To get such a mixture of colours and mutation in your first nest ... Congrats, they are stunning.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.