Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi nice birds.
The first is a YF2 sky blue spangle boy (I have 2 exactly the same), the yellow could be a double factor spangle, and maybe the third is also a double factor spangle. If the last two have red eyes, they may be lutino and albino.
I am not great at this so I'll see how I went when someone else replies.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me neither thanks for the repily. Im stil learning the genetics. I think the yellow could be lutino i will have to chek my origional lutinos eyes against hers see not to sure bout the white

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The first one is a spangle. Looks like a golden face blue that has gone greenish in this picture but it could be that the picture is not showing the colours as they really are.

The pictures of the other two don't show if the eyes are red or black. If the eyes are red they are a lutino and an albino

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will have to look at they eyes i think they arnt red look tomrow wot colour would u put to a lutino hen i have a yellow Pied male would that mayb produce a lutino?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Lutnio and Albino (ino) are sex linked mutations. This means you have to have a male that either shows or is split for albino or lutino to get chicks that show albino or lutino. A albino or lutino female with a none albino or lutino male can only have males chicks that are split for albino or lutino.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh ok. Im thinking when this lot out of quarentene i was going to put Ghost the white one and Zohan my Harliquin togther give zohan a new mrs atm he is with a Lutino hen but i will add a pic of zohan and ghost. Ghost is in the first pic tho in this post but am thinking they may b my next pair i put n nest box when get back from holiday here there pics Zohan and Ghost.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.