Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Darling, what if you fly?
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this little budgie in petsmart. I've never seen anything like it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367303349.441825.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,320 Posts
That is one cute Budgie. I have never seen a budgie like that before either wonder what Breed he or she is. Thanks for Sharing.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Wow, never seen or heard of anything like it.

My immedeate thought when I saw it was Frosted Pied (though I seem to be able to find Frosted Pied traits in everything, because I want one so badly :rolleyes:) because they sometimes markings similar to that at the base of their throats, but the wing markings just look Opaline.

My second thought was some sort of feather quality thing? I don't know if it would be good or bad, but other than that I'm stumped. :S

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
I have no idea what a frosted pied is, but she is certainly a cute wee thing. Now Robyn, step away from the budgie, turn and run straight home, lock the doors and don't go near the pet store for at least 3 weeks :laughing:

·
Registered
37,562 Posts
Oh what a little cutie:D I also thought it was a little skinny though poor wee thing I am sure she needs to be adopted by a budgaholic to overcome this problem ?????

G

·
Wow that is a really interesting marking he has on his chest.. i haven't ever seen anything like it either... he looks... 'odd' but very cute :D

I would have taken him home :p

·
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stop!!! Hahaha I am not allowed to get anymore :( Trust me. That bird would have been coming home with me. But sadly I don't think I could convince my husband for an 8th :(

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
Hehe :p awesome find though! he is really unusual, not sure even the frosted pieds look like him, had a look and I can't find anything similar. You got a great photo to debate over at least :D very pretty bird!

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Wow, he does look like he could be a frosted pied.. I am dying to get my hands on one too! :p He looks like he has some feather issues too though from stress or poor diet, and that is a lot of frosting to have before a first molt, although he is a male... Do you have any more pics of him by chance?

I would love to hear Jo Anns opinion on this little guy, she breeds frosted pieds :)

·
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No I don't. And I can't go take any either. Must...stay....at.....7!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Frosted pied usually have some clear flight feathers though, don't they? I assumed he's just stressed out and has some feather issues....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.