Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have two new pairs that I would like to breed in the next month or so. I was just wondering what the outcomes would be?
(some of these photos are old)

Punch & Pippa
Punch is a violet normal (parents: dad- sky blue dominant pied, mum-violet recessive pied)
Pippa is grey YF recessive pied cinnamon (parentage unknown)

Cosmo & Little Hamish (named because she looks just like her dad)(two closest budgies)
Cosmo is dark eyed clear (parents: dad-light green opaline split recessive pied, mum-dark eyed clear)
Little Hamish is violet factor opaline spangle (parents: dad-same as her, mum-sky blue opaline)

Also, what babies would I get if I paired a yellow dark eyed clear with a white DF spangle?

Thank you in advance!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Punch is a normal cobalt split rec pied violet,pippa grey yf rec pied cinnamon.I can't tell Pippa's dark factor.50% of chicks will be rec pied and 50% split rec pied.50% will be grey,50% will be violet and 50% will have yellow faces.Unless punch is split cinnamon you won't get any cinnamon chicks but all male chicks will be split for cinnamon.
Cosmo is clearflight pied and recessive pied.He is also split opaline since his dad is opaline.He could be masking other mutations.Paired with little hamish you'd get 50% opaline of both sexes.Male's will all be split opaline.50% of chicks will be clearflight pied.50% will be spangle.You won't get any rec pieds unless little hamish is split for rec pied.All chicks will be split for rec pied.50% will be violet.Unless cosmo is split for blue the chicks will all be green series.
Yellow dark eyed clear and white df spangle.
Both birds could be masking other mutations.If they aren't you'd get all greens if the DEC isn't split for blue.All chicks will be spangles split for rec pied.50% will also be clearflight pied.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for all that info. I am really looking forward to these pairs. The first two pairs have bonded in the aviary, practically since they fledged, so should be happy when I put them in the breeding cage. The dad of Cosmo looks just like your light green male!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.