Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member of the Month April 2011
Joined
·
5,435 Posts
The male is a recessive pied sky blue and the female is a dominant pied cobalt violet (I'll trust you on the violet part :p).

Dominant pied is dominant to normal and dominant to recessive pied. If hen is not split to recessive pied, their babies will be 50% normals and 50% dominant pieds.

If the hen is split to recessive pied, their babies will be 25% normals, 25% dominant pieds, 25% recessive pieds and 25% combination of dominant and recessive pied. 50% will be cobalt and 50% will be sky blue. The inheritance of violet color-adding factor will depend on whether the hen is single or double factor violet http://www.***************/colorsguide.html#violet -- not sure how that translates to the chicks in percentages.

Lest you think I'm an expert on mutations, I'm basically parroting Nev's post in a very similar thread (http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=70957). :spy:
 

·
Member of the Month January 2009
Joined
·
3,676 Posts
Susan has got the predictions right. She will be the expert soon.

If the violet is double factor all the chicks will inherit single factor violet. If the violet is single factor half of the chicks will inherit single factor violet. You may not be able to see the violet on some of the sky blues even if they have inherited it

Because the **** has no dark factor (sky blue) & the hen has 1 dark factor (cobalt) the chicks will be either sky blue or cobalt. There won't be any mauves (2 dark factors)
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top