Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rectangle Wood Building Flooring Mesh

Hey! I'm new I've done an introductory post,but I have seperate query.

2 weeks ago I popped to my local pet shop for bedding and food for the flock I've taken additional needs birds from them before. The owner asked if I had room for another and when I saw this gorgeous little one I couldn't say no.

But what are they,I mean like specific type? She/he is 43g super dense soft plumage, looks like an angry owl and eats in a strange way. They are massive compared to there room mate Waddlesworth. She/he also has head feathers that go up and down in a pronounced way,we ask if there brain is having a breather. She's/hes the friendliest bird I have ever owned and has us in stitches every day.

Beak Iguania Pet supply Bird Metal

Finger Nail Thumb Art Woolen

african grey Bird Wood Parrot Beak

Bird food Bird supply Pet supply Plant Glass

Shelf Toy Azure Shelving Textile

Bird Parrot Beak Pet supply Wood

Bird Beak Ducks, geese and swans Felidae Feather

Bird White Window Parrot Textile

·
Super Moderator
19,588 Posts
He’s adorable, he’s an English sky blue spangle budgie. The reason he’s so fluffy is that English budgies tend to have fluffier plumage than American/Australian type budgies.
As for his markings, many babies are born with excess melanin in their beak and/or feathers so most likely the heavy markings on his face will fade after his first moult!

Since the budgie he’s with in the photo (the other blue one) is female, please be sure you’re doing everything to prevent accidental breeding.

Check out the link below for more info!
When We Don't Want Eggs!

·
Super Moderator
19,588 Posts
Yes, the budgie you’re asking about is definitely a boy! (Zac?)

However, budgies of any gender who are close friends love to preen each other so this normally isn’t a good indicator of gender 😄

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He was being called aggy short for Agatha as in Agatha trunchball because he stomps about chucking seed dishes everywhere! So back to Zac it is oof this little bundle of love has been a great addition to our second flock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.