Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are two pairs who are on eggs. What should I expect in this outcome of pairings. I do not know the back ground of these birds. There is a chance they could be split to albino, recessive pied, opaline, and cinnamon. Based on their mutations that are clearly shown what should I expect?

Also can you tell me the exact mutations of these guys? Please

First Picture Bandit (yellowface clearwing?) and Pebbles(yellowface or goldenface cinnamon or greywing spangle?) , They currently have 5 babies in the nest with a possible 3 more on the way.

Second picture Summer (dark green cinnamon opaline spangle) and Bam Bam(normal sky blue spangle?? Possible opaline as the spangle markings are a faint blue??? or is he a greywing spangle?) , they have 5 eggs first due to hatch aug 12.

What would I get with the pairing of these two? third pic Boo Male(yellowface recessive pied greywing?) and fourth pic Luna Female (Yellowface type 2 recessive pied although she does have iris rings????).

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is my guess. for bandit and pebbles I believe I'll have yellowfaces
possible golden faces spangles and non spangles. if she is a cinnamon all her male babies will be split cinnamon. all babies will be blue.

summer and bam bam I will have mostly green babies unless she is split blue all males will be split opaline and cinnamon. if bam bam is a Greywing all babies will be split Greywing. I will get sf spangles and df spangles. if summer is split blue then have chances of cobolts and sky blue as well as green and light green.

Luna and Boo
if paired will have all recessive pieds. babies will be split Greywing will have a chance of cobalt and sky blue in color and all will be yellowface or golden face.

let me know if my assumptions are correct or what you think they will have thanks!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Some of the pictures are too small to properly see the mutations so I won't attempt to do any prediction yet

Bandit - yellow face dominant pied
Pebbles - need a closer picture to be sure of her mutation
Summer - opaline spangle green
Bam Bam - could be spangle but need a closer picture to identify properly
Boo - Yellow face spangle recessive pied
Luna - Probably a yellow face double factor dominant pied or could be a combination of pied types (she is not a recessive pied)

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Whow I like the one in the 3rd photo!! do not know much of mutations, but I know if you post better pics, Neville will help!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some more pictures that I have of the birds when they were a little younger.. last year..... Also the last two pictures of the birds are Luna's Parents.

Attachments

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
You have beautiful birds

Bandit – yellow face dominant pied
Pebbles - Yellow face clearwing (could also be cinnamon)
If the yellow face is single factor on both birds and there are no splits, the result would be:
12.5% dominant pied blue
12.5% normal blue
25% single factor yellow face dominant pied
25% single factor yellow face blue
12.5% double factor yellow face dominant pied blue
12.5% double factor yellow face blue
If either of the birds is double factor yellow face all the chicks will be yellow face.
Clearwing or ciinnamon will only be visible in the chicks if Bandit has these genes

Summer – opaline spangle green (could also be cinnamon)
Bam Bam – cinnamon spangle sky blue
If both birds are cinnamon and Bam Bam is not split for opaline and Summer is not spit for blue:
25% double factor spangle (yellow)
25% cinnamon green
50% cinnamon spangle green
If Summer is split for blue:
12.5% double factor spangle (yellow)
12.5% double factor spangle (white)
12.5% cinnamon green
12.5% cinnamon blue
25% cinnamon spangle green
25% cinnamon spangle blue
If Summer is not cinnamon the male chicks will not be cinnamon
If Bam Bam is split for opaline half of the chicks of both sexes will be opaline as well as their other mutations

Luna's mother is a yellow face dominant pied and her father is a spangle recessive pied so Luna is probably a combination of dominant pied and recessive pied
Boo - Yellow face spangle recessive pied
25% dominant pied recessive pied combination
25% spangle dominant pied recessive pied combination
25% recessive pied
25% spangle recessive pied
If both birds are single factor yellow face about 75% of the chicks will be yellow face.
If either bird is double factor yellow face all the chicks will be yellow face

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
so far from pebbles and bandit I have a normal blue, a blue recessive pied, what looks like a yellow face recessive pied and two yellowface spangles. which would mean pebbles is a spangle?? that is poorly marked??

from bam bam and summer chicks are just starting to feather up but I believe I have luntinos which means bandit is split for ino! unless I am thinking I see red eyes and they really are double factored spangles. but I'm sure youngest has the purple
red eyes to him without him having his eyes open. summer is an amazing first time mom and adopted one of pebbles babies which is the oldest chick in her nest. as the gap between pebbles babies was so large that the younger chicks were getting trampled.

will try to post a few pictures soon!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pebbles Chicks

Here are pebbles babies in order from oldest to youngest

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nev would you say the two chicks look to be spangles? if not what are they called??

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so pebbles and bandits chicks are... 1 white recessive pied, 2 yellowface spangles, 1 dark eyed clear palue yellow(maybe yellowface dec is there such a thing?) , and one normal blue... adopted out chick was a normal blue.

summer and bam bams chicks are 2 lutinos, 1 yellowface opaline spangle, 1 green opaline spangle, 1 what I think blue opaline spangle... will put up pictures later. This possibly means that bam bam is split ino and opaline or is opaline himself??? i think he is actually split.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.