Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved this hoping for response

Here is the chart with mutations.

The planned pairings are
1-Ethyl/Fred
2-Violet/King Richsrd
3-Chiffon/Greyhawk
4-Skye/Shadow

What can I expect from these pairings and do you think pairs 1 and 4 are too closely related?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Fred Normal green recessive pied x Ethyl sky blue grey wing
I'm not sure how they are related? But you should get...
100% greens unless Fred is split for blue then about 50% blue 50% green. I'm not sure how two recessive mutations recessive pied and grey wing would work together but I think you will get all normals unless Fred is split for grey wing or Ethyl is split for recessive pied.

Violet violet spangle recessive pied x King Richard sky blue spangle you should get...
100% blue The amount of double factor violet or single factor violet depends on how many violets you will get. No recessive pieds unless King Richard is split for recessive pied. As for spangle, 25% double factor spangle (all white) 25% single factor spangle and 25% normal.

Chiffon grey wing x Greyhawk sky blue spangle you should get...
50% spangle 50% normal. no grey wing unless greyhawk is split for it. Depending if Chiffon is single or double factor grey will depend on the percentage of grey chicks you will get.

Skye x Shadow
I can't find Shadow on your chart.

I hope that helps :)

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Fred has Ham as a grandparent, Ethyl has Puddin as a grandparent, both Ham and Puddin have the same parents.So I think it would be same great grandparents. And Ham and Puddins mates have Skylark and Evergreen as parents so thats another great grandparent.
Shadow is Right under Ethyl, They are brother/sister.
Sorry I should of specified somehow which birds I have. I only have the 6 birds at the far left of the chart (Fred,Ethyl,Shadow,Skye,Sonny,and Limey)and the birds listed in the yellow box. The breeder gave me the rest of the info of the parentage back 3-4 generations.

So in pair # 3 Chiffon is the YF2 Ino.
Rick

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
As for Fred and Ethyl fro what I can see they have 12% of the same genes. If it where me I would say that is far enough away from each other. Some breeders would disagree. Just keep in mind any "bad" genes they both share will may be doubled in their chicks.

I must be blind not to see Shadow now that I know where he is. Skye yellow face, sky blue opaline x Shadow violet grey wing you should get...
100% blue 50% single factor violets 50% yellow face 50% white face All males will be split for opaline. no female will show it unless Shadow is split for it. No grey wings unless skye is split for it.

Chiffon yellow face Ino x Greyhawk sky blue spangle you should get...
50% spangle 50% normal. 100% blue 50% yellow face 50% white face. All males will be split for albino. No female swill show or be split for it.

Sorry about the mix up. I hope that is better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.