Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys....

What's best to use in the bottom of my budgies cage? At the moment I have soft wood chippings in the bottom, which was OK as bean never goes on the bottom of the cage whereas now I have another in a separate cage he is constantly running around on the floor and I don't want it to be bad for his little feet. I see some people say newspaper but newspaper round here is all coloured.
Can I use plain kitchen paper towels?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello :)

Yep, I use kitchen towels in our cage. Nice and soft and easy to replace.

You might notice a slight change in the appearance of droppings once dry: the towels absorb moisture so the droppings will 'bleed' into the towel a bit. Our birds end up with a slight yellow ring around them. This is perfectly normal.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's brilliant thank you . Purchased another bigger cage so he may not venture to the bottom of this one. He's a bit of a nutter at the moment. He does laps of the cage haha

·
Super Moderator
3,850 Posts
Please remove the wood chips, it is much more sanitary to use the paper towels or newspaper, you can also purchase plain sheets of newsprint. This allows you to easily monitor the droppings and is easy to change.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have removed the wood chippings now. I didn't think it was that harmful to them as the pet shops round here have them inside their cages.... But then again they don't know anything about them even their sex.... I've put plain white kitchen towel in now
Thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.