231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

Could anyone help me with the type of blue on Cloud? Here is the picture -

Thanks a lot :)

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
Are the markings on Clouds back grey? If so I think cobalt violet as greywing dilutes the body colour, so the blue wouldn't be as deep as a normal cobalt violet. My Marli is a cobalt violet but very pale, very similar to cloud in the picture, and she is greywing or dilute which dilutes the body colour. Cloud is very pretty :D

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Without seeing wing markings, I'm thinking a violet cobalt greywing. Can you post a photo from the back? My violet cobalt greywing looks the same color.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear all

Here are photos of Cloud which could help.

This is Cloud with her wing markings visible.

Cloud when she was just 27 days old. Had never seen such a combination of colours before. The blue was so pale but vivid at the same time.

Violet makes a lot of sense to me. She is indeed a greywing, daughter of a greywing mom & dad budgies.

I thought that she was violet but was unsure. The blue that appears on the photos is more violety in real life.

Thanks a lot to all for your help. Look forward for your replies :)

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Violet is a color adding factor. Any bird can be violet, even the green ones. I stick with cobalt greywing. Maybe with violet. Can b hard to tell in photos. :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
By the last pic I am going with Opaline Cinnamon Violet Cobalt Dom Pied...maybe Graywing but I don't see it on my comp.Looks like it in the other pic's but not the last.I think the last one without the light shining on it or the and the closer shot reviels more the true nature of the bird.Is the father split cinnamon?Can you add pic's of the parents? Other thoughts Erin?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dear all, thanks for your highly informative posts.

Here are the parents, tried to post the best shots I have.

Photo No 1 is PapaBudgie

Photo No 2 is PapaBudgie again but with more back detail

Photo No 3 is the late MamaBudgie.

These photos were taken more than a year ago. MamaBudgie passed away a little bit later after having Cloud and Kiwi due to an infection caused by stress when new building works started in front of our apartment. They were using this big machine to dig into very hard rock and the table was trembling..let alone how the birds must have felt it.
PapaBudgie has become tamer now...and he enjoys his time with the flock, and has also fathered three chicks this year.

Hope the photos help :) and thanks for all your help :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yea still a tough one.The first pic looks cinnamon and the second is Greywing.Hen is sky Greywing so I guess I will revise and say Opaline (Possibly Cinnamon by the pic) Greywing sky blue.I am not going with cobalt now because the male looks like normal green not dark grn.And the hen is sky so no dark factors.
Jerry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.