Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my Iwi. :budgie:
I think it is a sky blue opaline clearwing yellow face type 2. I'm not even sure on its sex yet.
Any input is much appreciated !

Attachments

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I do not see clearflight pied since the wings have coloring in them :)

I think she is a sky blue, goldenface or yellowface type 2, full body color greywing, opaline, possibly violet although it is always so hard to see in pics and many birds that arent violet have that coloring around the neck area :)

But most important she is very pretty! :D

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
She looks a lot like one of my **** birds.

I'd say yellowface type 2 (possibly opaline) Full bodied Greywing skyblue Hen.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I agree with Lindsey and Amelia. And she is gorgeous! look at all the colors she has, very beautiful budgie :)

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
A 'Rainbow' consists of Yellowface Opaline Clearwing on a Blue Series Budgie, a Greywing is similar to a Clearwing but not the same thing.

My Kiiro was sold to me as a Rainbow but alas he's Greywing not Clearwing lol.

·
Registered
438 Posts
A 'Rainbow' consists of Yellowface Opaline Clearwing on a Blue Series Budgie, a Greywing is similar to a Clearwing but not the same thing.

My Kiiro was sold to me as a Rainbow but alas he's Greywing not Clearwing lol.
I've never got the difference between the whole fullbodied Greywing thingy vs clearwing. No one seems able to tell me which Bibi is... they just sound like the same thing! :D

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
I've never got the difference between the whole fullbodied Greywing thingy vs clearwing. No one seems able to tell me which Bibi is... they just sound like the same thing! :D
If I get this right lol, normal Greywings have only Greywing Genes and Clearwings have only Clearwing genes but Full Bodied Greywings have a Greywing and a Clearwing gene.

Sure Tonic or Nev can clear this up if I'm wrong lol.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
I do not see clearflight pied since the wings have coloring in them :)

I think she is a sky blue, goldenface or yellowface type 2, full body color greywing, opaline, possibly violet although it is always so hard to see in pics and many birds that arent violet have that coloring around the neck area :)

But most important she is very pretty! :D
Yes I meant Grey wing, my b/f and i were sitting here discussing our birds as i was typing and I got side tracked and typed clear flight pied by accident (we were talking about one of my clear flight pieds)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
just by your siggy I'd say Bibi is a full body greywing
Because the body is not diluted its Bright as a full body grey wing should be
Full-body-color greywing budgies have the same grey markings of the greywing but the body color is brightened (not lightened or diluted).
a Clearwing has little to no markings and the body is brightened not diluted

Clearwing budgies have very light or no markings on head and wings and the body color is brightened (not lightened or diluted)
since your birds body is NOT diluted but has Markings it is a full body grey wing

You can go here and see pictures and read the descriptions they explain it very clearly and make it easier to understand

http://www.***************/c_dilution.html

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
. No one seems able to tell me which Bibi is... they just sound like the same thing! :D
Have you posted pics of him in a thread here? If not I am sure some of our experts could tell you if you did :) I know sometimes it can be hard though to tell as clearwings are not always as clear as the standard calls for :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the great replies!!! I was thinking she was female till the beak started changing a tad blue so I was unsure. She is 6 months or under from what I was told when I purchased her. She looks exactly like this male but has whiter areas on the wings.... http://tirpysetinenglish.blogspot.com/ and the cere is much lighter. Hes a Violet Sky FBC Greywing Goldenface Opaline (Recessive Pied)

Ahhh I love genetics but boy do I get confused trying to tell some of them apart!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.