Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is Kringle, A pied I got a while back. I assumed he is a YF Violet Rec. Pied. But he has been developing iris rings :eek: I don't know what he is now. He has a pink cere as well. Not sure of age, must be over 5 months though. Combination pied maybe?

Pictures:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Wow, he is so beautiful! Could he be clearflight pied? He seems to have white flight feathers. I'm sure an expert will be along shortly to shed some light on this.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
what a stunner! ihope the yellow does not effect the blue because it is makeing a striking effect...

i go with df dom pied, they sometimes have pink ceres as males as the pied effect can work on the skin and cere too and remove the colour from there.

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunetley is does affect the blue! When I first got him he was that gorgeous buttercup yellow, with pretty lavender markings. Once he moulted though, He is like the yellow of the sun now, so bright and vibrant!

Thanks for clearing up the DF dom pied. This will change my breeding plans now! :D Also, he is violet, looking at the pcitures he just looks blue. :p I hate pictures of blue birds ahah!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I think he is a double factor dominant pied. It is possible that he could be a combination of two types but it seems unlikely if he is developing iris rings

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I put him to a violet hen split rec. pied , would that be able to tell me what he is? If he is a DF Dom pied, I would get all pieds, all violets, half YF, right?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
you would get all sf dom pieds, some violets but not all unless one of them is df violet, and some yf. however if you are unsure of a type of pied it would be better to breed him with something without any pied types so as not to add more confusion.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm too new to budgies to say anything but that s/he is gorgeous! Welcome to TB:budge::budge:

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you would get all sf dom pieds, some violets but not all unless one of them is df violet, and some yf. however if you are unsure of a type of pied it would be better to breed him with something without any pied types so as not to add more confusion.
Thanks :D What about a grey spangle hen? Here are the birds I have to work with:
Grey Spangle Hen
Violet/Pied Hen
YF Sky Blue Rec. Pied Hen

This **** bird
YF Blue Opaline Spangle ****
DF Spangle Yf ****
Violet/Pied ****

The two violets are brother and sister, I think the hen is a DF Violet, not sure? Parents are a DF Violet **** and a sky blue rec. pied hen.
So as far as pairs, I was thinking:
Grey Spangle Hen - Current **** bird
YF Sky Blue Rec. Pied Hen - Violet/Pied ****
Violet/Pied Hen - DF Spangle ****.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
those pairings sound nice. ideally i would suggest a normal without any pied genes for this male but the spangle is the one i would choose from the hens available.

if only one of the violets parents had violet genes then they will both be sf violet.

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
those pairings sound nice. ideally i would suggest a normal without any pied genes for this male but the spangle is the one i would choose from the hens available.

if only one of the violets parents had violet genes then they will both be sf violet.
Thanks Toni! :D Karma is on it's way.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
It's one of the prettiest birds I 've ever seen. That's the mutation I'm trying to breed, but it will take me quite a while to get there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.