Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello, so I have a mauve dom. Pied **** which I'm thinking to breed someday, not to soon HAHA! someday :D I posted two pictures of my hen and also my mauve **** and I want to know what will be the chicks outcome if I paired my **** to this two hens I have.

here is my skyblue spangle hen.

here is my other hen I'm not sure on her mutation but i think yellowface is involved and spangle too.

and my mauve ****

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
With your sky blue hen, you will get all cobalt babies. Half will inherit the spangle and half will inherit the dominant pied. You can expect some normal cobalts as well. Keep in mind, some chicks could be pied and spangle.

The other hen looks like a light green spangle. IF she is not split for blue, all babies will be dark green, some spangle, some dom pied, some normals. If she is split to blue, you can expect some cobalts in spangle, normal and dom pied.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With your sky blue hen, you will get all cobalt babies. Half will inherit the spangle and half will inherit the dominant pied. You can expect some normal cobalts as well. Keep in mind, some chicks could be pied and spangle.

The other hen looks like a light green spangle. IF she is not split for blue, all babies will be dark green, some spangle, some dom pied, some normals. If she is split to blue, you can expect some cobalts in spangle, normal and dom pied.
Thanks Erin :)

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.