Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Iam new on budgie genetics, and my knoledge is "0". I have 2 pairs ,one is the male is an Australian dominant Pied Spangle and the female is a Spangle (Cinnamon markings?) also have a skyblue male paired with a Double Factor spangle hen (yellow). Will like to know what type of babies they may produce. Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
458 Posts
For the first pair:
50% Dominant Pieds
50% Single factor Spangles, 50% Df Spangles
If the hen is Cinnamon all males will be split for Cinnamon.

Second pair:
100% Green Spangles split for blue. If the hen is split for blue (had one blue parent) you will get 50% Blue Spangles and 50% green Spangles split for blue.

Hope that helps. :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Pics are always helpful but I will give it a shot.

First pair:
50% dominant pied
50% Single factor spangle 50% double factor spangle
Only the male chicks will carry cinnamon unless the **** is carrying cinnamon then you will get male and female chicks showing cinnamon.
If you want to know the body color you should add that.

Second pair:
50% normal
50% spangle
100% green or yellow unless the hen is carrying blue. Then you will get blue chicks as well. All green yellow chicks will carry blue.

You might get different results if the parents are carrying other genes.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Pairing 2 spangle birds together will produce 50% spangle, 25% normal & 25% double factor spangle. As the **** is also dominant pied this will be inherited by half the chicks so the combined result from the 1st pair should be:
25% spangle
25% dominant pied spangle
12.5% double factor spangle
12.5% double factor spangle masking dominant pied (will look the same as the DF Spangles)
12.5% dominant pied
12.5% normal
There will only be cinnamon chicks if the **** bird is split for cinnamon but all the male chicks will be split for cinnamon

A double factor spangle mated to a normal will produce all spangle chicks so the 2nd pair will produce:
100% green spangles unless the hen is split for blue
If the hen is split for blue you will get 50% green spangle & 50% blue spangle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.