Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can this baby be? (Pictures taken last night at 16 days old.)

The father looks to be blue base with yellow face type II which causes the green. You can't tell from the picture but his wing tips are yellow with white on edging.

The mother is an albino. Red eyed white.

A previous clutch had 4 babies. 2 albinos, 1 albino with yellow face type 2 (cremino?), and 1 blue opaline with yellow face type II. The blue is suspected to be a boy.

The other baby from the above babies current clutch looks like a blue. It has no yellow face or white/yellow wing tips.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I'm not very good with colors, but I just wanted to comment on how stunningly adorable he is! He is very cute, and I absoutely love the first picture!
The big black eyes and the little feathers just made my day :)

Thanks for the pictures! Keep us updated with how the mom, dad, and new baby are doing! :D

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
I could give Nev and ATV karma all day long, they are so good with this genetics stuff! :D

That is one handsome daddy! Gosh I love his colors!!!! Congratulations on your new baby, and I would love to see pictures as the baby continues to grow! :)`

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also wonder if he will be opaline like his older brother from another clutch. It sure is interesting how much yellow he is getting though. His daddy didn't have a yellow tail like he is getting that is for sure. The first thing that will feather out seems to be the wings and head. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here is how he looks today. He is day 18.

I thought he should have some blue but I don't see any yet??? I assume he is an opaline since his barring is not dark and it looks like it won't be.

Can't see his chest feathers yet to see how those are coming along since he got a lot of fuzz all over now.

EDIT:

Here is a picture of past siblings from the same parents I mentioned in my first post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.