Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would be the best pairing for a male light green greywing.
i was thinking a sky blue recessive pied. (since greywing is recessive???) but what would that produce ??.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Greywing and recessive pied are 2 different genes, so them being recessive or not doesn't matter ;)

From that pairing if neither are split for anything else, you would get all normal light green babies :)

If you want recessive pieds or greywings, you need to pair them with another bird that is visually one, or split for it :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greywing and recessive pied are 2 different genes, so them being recessive or not doesn't matter ;)

From that pairing if neither are split for anything else, you would get all normal light green babies :)

If you want recessive pieds or greywings, you need to pair them with another bird that is visually one, or split for it :)
i really want a pairing for my greywing ,but i just can't seem to get one that wont produce "normals".here's the birds i have
greywing (male) one i want a partner for.

normal green(male) already paired, but is losing his bond with his partner so i might re pair him. but unlikely.

grey blue(hen) paired to my normal, but like i say there bond is loosing, and also when i bred them i had problems with them ,the **** broke the eggs etc, but the hen was super so i might just re pair her.

DP light green.(i think male but not 100%)

and a lutino female who the petshop and breeder informs me female.

i was going to buy another female for the greywing ,the question is which variety to choose :)

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
If you want greywings, you need a hen that is a visual greywing or split greywing ;)

If you want lutinos, you will need a male ino or one that is split for it too :)

The reat of them will be blues, greens, and greys from what I can see :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want greywings, you need a hen that is a visual greywing or split greywing ;)

If you want lutinos, you will need a male ino or one that is split for it too :)

The reat of them will be blues, greens, and greys from what I can see :)
im not really sure what mutation i want lol :eek:. just a
outcome that wont be normals :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.