Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Banjo and Sunny. :)

Banjo is a normal light green and Sunny is either a DF Spangle or a Dark eyed clear, I'm not sure yet, she's not old enough to tell. I'm going to breed them once they're old enough, so I was wanting to know. :) If you need more pics, ask. :) (SUNNY IS NOT LUTINO.)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Like, I was wondering what varieties are most common in the babies of these varieties.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Light greens can hide all sorts of recessive traits, as can dark eyed clears and df spangles, so it's really impossible to predict with any certainty what their babies are going to be! However, assuming they're normal for everything other than the traits we can see, here are the expected outcomes:

Normal light green x df spangle:
100% spangle light green

Normal light green x sf dark eyed clear:
50% clearflight light green split for recessive pied
50% normal light green split for recessive pied

Normal light green x df dark eyed clear:
100% clearflight light green split for recessive pied

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Light greens can hide all sorts of recessive traits, as can dark eyed clears and df spangles, so it's really impossible to predict with any certainty what their babies are going to be! However, assuming they're normal for everything other than the traits we can see, here are the expected outcomes:

Normal light green x df spangle:
100% spangle light green

Normal light green x sf dark eyed clear:
50% clearflight light green split for recessive pied
50% normal light green split for recessive pied

Normal light green x df dark eyed clear:
100% clearflight light green split for recessive pied

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks! And I know Banjo's parents are normal green and normal sky blue, and they've had a recessive pied and an opaline, and a few normal light greens. I don't know Sunny's parents though.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks! And I know Banjo's parents are normal green and normal sky blue, and they've had a recessive pied and an opaline, and a few normal light greens. I don't know Sunny's parents though.
Then Banjo is split for blue. If Sunny is also split for blue, then 25% of the babies will be blue. If Sunny is not split for blue, then all the babies will be green but half would be split for blue.

Banjo could also be split for recessive pied, if so and Sunny is a dark eyed clear, then half the babies will be recessive pied.

Banjo could also be split for opaline, if so then the female babies will be opaline.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then Banjo is split for blue. If Sunny is also split for blue, then 25% of the babies will be blue. If Sunny is not split for blue, then all the babies will be green but half would be split for blue.

Banjo could also be split for recessive pied, if so and Sunny is a dark eyed clear, then half the babies will be recessive pied.

Banjo could also be split for opaline, if so then the female babies will be opaline.
Oh wow this is all so complicated. o_O I'll let you know how the babies come out when they feather up. Which will be... in December? Because I can't breed them until at least November. :XD:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.