Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Accidentally in love.
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Before I ask this question I want you all to know that I am NOT breeding Lillie and Tucker anytime soon. I know they are too young. I'm just curious about the outcome:) Okay, now that that's taken care of...

What would the babies look like if I breed Lillie (An Exhibition Type Gray Spangle) and Tucker (A Pet Type Light Green Cinnamon)? By the way, I have also been told that Lillie has violet in her...now whether that is true or not I have yet to find out...anyways, all you expert breeders out there what would the babies look like???:) PLEASE POST PICS IF YOU HAVE ANY!!!:D

Lillie:
Bird Parrot Beak Pet supply Wood
Bird Wood Beak Pet supply Tail

Tucker:
Head Bird Eye Beak Parrot
Food Plant Green Fruit Ingredient

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Tucker isn't cinnamon he's just a normal Light green

If he is not split to blue then you'll get 100% greens split to blue

if he's split to blue you'll get both blues and greens

you'll get some Spangles no matter if he's split to blue or not Because Spangle is Dominant

·
Accidentally in love.
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tucker isn't cinnamon he's just a normal Light green

If he is not split to blue then you'll get 100% greens split to blue

if he's split to blue you'll get both blues and greens

you'll get some Spangles no matter if he's split to blue or not Because Spangle is Dominant
I'm confused though because Tucker's markings are brown although they don't always show up in pictures as brown.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
It's hard to describe...it's a kind of light blue-gray color.
then he's not cinnamon - Cinnamons have Brown tails

Like this

and here she is as a wee baby

With your description of his tail I'd go with Light Green Grey wing - just his markings are bit darker than a grey wings

this is the standards from the world budgerigar organization for a Light Green Grey wing

GREYWING LIGHT GREEN

General body colour: back, rump, breast, flanks and underparts light green 50% of normal body colour depth of an even shade throughout.
Mask: buttercup yellow, ornamented by six evenly spaced large round grey throat spots, the outer two being partially covered by the base of the cheek patches. The buttercup yellow of the mask extending over the frontal and crown, to merge with the grey undulations at the back of the head. The frontal and crown should be clear and free from all markings.
Markings: on cheeks, back of head, neck and wings; grey with a well-defined buttercup yellow edge, all markings should be free from any intrusion of body colour.
Cere: blue in cocks, brown in hens.
Eyes: black with a white iris.
Cheek patches: light violet.
Primary wing flights: grey with a minimal buttercup yellow edge.
Primary tail feathers: grey with a blueish tinge.
Feet and legs: blue/grey mottled.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
It's hard to tell from your photos whether Tucker is a cinnamon or a greywing but he is certainly not a normal green

If Tucker is a cinnamon an neither bird is split for any other mutations you could expect:
12.5% green cinnamon females
12.5% grey green cinnamon females
12.5% green cinnamon spangle females
12.5% grey green cinnamon spangle females
12.5% green males
12.5% grey green males
12.5% green spangle males
12.5% grey green spangle males

If Tucker is a cinnamon and also split for blue the expected result is:
6.25% green cinnamon females
6.25% grey green cinnamon females
6.25% green cinnamon spangle females
6.25% grey green cinnamon spangle females
6.25% green males
6.25% grey green males
6.25% green spangle males
6.25% grey green spangle males
6.25% blue cinnamon females
6.25% grey cinnamon females
6.25% blue cinnamon spangle females
6.25% grey green cinnamon spangle females
6.25% blue males
6.25% grey green males
6.25% blue spangle males
6.25% grey spangle males

·
Accidentally in love.
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's hard to tell from your photos whether Tucker is a cinnamon or a greywing but he is certainly not a normal green
Is it possible that he could be a Light Green Cinnamon Greywing because his markings aren't totally brown if you look closely but they aren't totally grey either...? I've noticed this now that I've take a better look at him;)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Is it possible that he could be a Light Green Cinnamon Greywing because his markings aren't totally brown if you look closely but they aren't totally grey either...? I've noticed this now that I've take a better look at him;)
Cinnamon greywing is quite possible. The pictures are not clear enough to be sure but I think he is a light cinnamon

The problem with official mutation descriptions is that they refer to the ideal show bird and don't take into account the wide variations you can get within mutations

·
Accidentally in love.
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Cinnamon greywing is quite possible. The pictures are not clear enough to be sure but I think he is a light cinnamon

The problem with official mutation descriptions is that they refer to the ideal show bird and don't take into account the wide variations you can get within mutations
Thanks for responding:) Yes, I see what you mean about the ideal show bird descriptions...if you look here: http://www.***************/gen_cinnamon.html, that is EXACTLY how Tucker's coloring looks... :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
On green birds especially the grey can look a brown shade. It is just an optical illusion. I would say it is a Greywing Lt Green.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.