Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
We think she is either a double factor spangle masking recessive pied, a lutino and the red eyes aren't visible in pic or a dark eyed clear.

Heres the link!
http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/for/2966548009.html

What do you think she is?

Thanks for your help!
I can not see any iris rings and the eyes appear to be black so I would say Dark Eyed Clear. However pictures can distort the colour etc.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can not see any iris rings and the eyes appear to be black so I would say Dark Eyed Clear. However pictures can distort the colour etc.
Thanks for your help!
What would be the breeding outcome if we breed her with out recessive pied male if she is indeed a dark eyed clear?

Heres a pic of him!

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Thanks for your help!
What would be the breeding outcome if we breed her with out recessive pied male if she is indeed a dark eyed clear?

Heres a pic of him!
Assuming no splits you would get 50% dark eyed clear and 50% recessive pied, all would be green series unless the hen is split for blue then you would get a mix of green and blues.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I would guess a DEC too :) breeding her would be the only way to know for sure though without information on her background, she does look to have a band so you might be able to track her breeder :) Let us know what you decide to do! :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Breeding results are the only way to be sure of your bird's mutation. Double factor spangle masking recessive pied is just as likely as a dark eyed clear
Thanks everybody for your help! If we bred a dark eyed clear with a dominant pied split recessive pied would we get any dark eyed clears?
A dark eyed clear mated to a dominant pied split split recessive pied would produce about 12.5% each of:
dominant pied
recessive pied
clearflight pied
darkeyed clear
dominant pied recessive pied combinations
dominant pied clearflight pied combinations
darkeyed clear dominant pied combinations
normal
It probably would be difficult to tell some of the combinations apart

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would guess a DEC too :) breeding her would be the only way to know for sure though without information on her background, she does look to have a band so you might be able to track her breeder :) Let us know what you decide to do! :)
Thanks for your help!! We decided not to get her since she's a bit older then we were looking for!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.