Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a very pretty baby and I plan on keeping this one along with my yellow face grey. Wondering what mutation(s) it is, I know it's cinnamon but that's it. I can't believe this babies beauty!

http:\\www.cmtwebdesign.co.uk/images/budgies/bsiggy.jpg

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I'm going with YF Cobalt Cin RP. What is the colour of the feet - I can't see it so good. To be a RP it have to be fleshy pink.
Lovely bird!
Who are the parents?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
It means the mother is split RP amd dad is split for cinnamon. Your baby must therefor be a hen.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do u figure out the babies mutation against the parents means it a boy or girl ? :) - is this a hard mutation to get, it's funny coz one sibling was exactly like mum an one exacty like dad but yellow rp

And thankyou iris they are quite interesting colours!

http:\\www.cmtwebdesign.co.uk/images/budgies/bsiggy.jpg

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
If the baby is cinnamon like you say and none of the parents are visible cinnamon the dad is carrying the gene - a hen can't be split for it.then the baby is a hen.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
What Dries has told you is right. If the chick is cinnamon and the mother is not cinnamon the chick must be female

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Also how come the dad can be split for cinnamon but the mum can't be? Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to get the mutations thing to stick in my head.
Cinnamon is a sex-linked mutation so the gene can only be carried in a split (or hidden) form by males. If a female has a cinnamon gene she will be visibly cinnamon. Also to produce a cinnamon male the mother must be cinnamon and the father must have a cinnamon gene (either visible or hidden)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.