Talk Budgies Forums banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a post where we can share descriptions and pictures of our budgies' meals. I find it incredibly helpful to read about and see (I'm a visual learner) what others are doing to prevent me from getting into a rut.

Please feel free to add your own pics, descriptions, ask questions etc. The more input, the better for everyone! :D

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, Pig had his seed mix. I mix a variety of types and add in dried veggies & fruits and I crumble a little bit of Avi-Cake and do one or two little millet berries (I don't know what else to call them- I pic a little clump/ball of seeds from a millet spray) and put that in the seed as well. We are out of pellets so none today.

Then for his fresh foods cup he had Celery Leaf, Red Cabbage, Red Bell Pepper, Blueberry, Carrot and one of his little "African Sunset" servings (defrosted- so it no longer looks like a cupcake lol).

Soup's on!

Happy Birdy!

Now let's see what you all are serving up! Inspire me so I don't get into a rut! :laughing:

·
Administrator
55,151 Posts
This is a wonderful thread and you put it in the exact correct place! :thumbsup:

Pig's meal looks wonderful ... he's eating much healthier than I have been with my recent rum cake. :eek:

I'll be looking forward to seeing Pig's daily meals and hope others will join in the fun as well.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah... he's eating much healthier than I am lately as well. Between the holidays and both my kids birthdays, I have been on sugar overload! It's terrible! :giggle:

I don't remember to take pics every day. But I know when I would peruse the post on the LHC page it would always inspire me to try new things for them. Hoping this works with Pig's meals too. I get stuck in ruts of the same old things LOL

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
Excellent...good to see our talk budgies feathered friends eating so well...:)

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is Noah's breakfast this morning (Zazu got the same selection in his dish)
Carrot, sugar snap peas, bok choy, Brocollini and rosemary.
They also have a large celerity stick each in their cages :D
That looks lovely! I didn't realize that they could have rosemary! Awesome! I grow tons of herbs in the summer. I was sadly lacking in greens yesterday... Celery was seriosuly the only green thing I had in the house! How awful! LOL I will be shopping later today!

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
:speechless-smiley-0 yum!
I gave mine a small bunch of cilantro, a few leaves of romaine, and yesterday they had scrambled eggs.
They usually have some sweet potato (if I make it for myself), cooked peas (which they love), cooked red kidney beans (if I am making chili), whole grain bread, cooked broccoli, and sometimes cooked chicken, lol.
Their favorites are romaine lettuce and cooked potato ( which I don't give often though because it's starchy).

·
Super Moderator
17,952 Posts
What a great thread :clap:

I'll have to take a good picture later, but lately Mallorn's been eating a rice salad made with brown rice, a pinch of turmeric, ginger, cayenne, peas, corn, broccoli, shredded carrot, chopped celery leaves, and parsley flakes. It was really good, actually--I had a bite, haha. :rolleyes:

I mix this with her daily 1 tsp of seed and she gets pellets on the side ;)

She does love scrambled egg and I make her some every time I have scrambled eggs (usually once or twice a week).

I was able to make a big batch of the "salad" and freeze it in several ice cube trays so she'll have plenty for the next month or so and then I'll make more, probably.

Usually she had seeds, pellets, and a daily veggie on the side, like carrot or kale :D

·
Member of the Month June 2015
2,510 Posts
Thank you :) yes they liked most of the selection - Noah always has to be hand fed his in individual pieces though and Zazu is still just learning about food so most of his went on the floor lol - the Rosemary freaked him out!!!
I didn't post anything new today either because I have a fridge full of this dejection to get through first. I mix things up every few days to firstly allow them the chance to become familiar with the menu s d start to investigate and then change it just in time for it not to be boring for them :)

·
Member of the Month January 2016
4,995 Posts
I got carried away today! I wanted to try then with some new things!

Also, I got these. I'm not sure if they'd be okay, but I thought I can check in

It's the alfalfa and clover I'm not sure on. I'm going to check it.

I need to have a look and see if anything needs any prep first, so far the budgies have had nothing from my haul.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts