Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I got 5 pairs of budgies from a friend. They are very different from any budgie I've got before 1. He says these are rainbow budgies or offspring of rainbow budgie. Can anyone identify thier mutation for me.

·
Administrator
56,568 Posts
The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being.

One of our budgie mutations experts can advise you with regard to the birds' mutations.

If you do not yet have a good Avian Vet, then you need to locate one.
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense

Association of Avian Veterinarians

As you now have mixed gender pairs, it is very important you do everything necessary to prevent breeding.
Never put anything in the aviary that can be used as a nesting site. Additionally, we never condone colony breeding due to the inherent risks and dangers

A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

What metal is the mesh of the aviary/cage made of?
Lead and Zinc Toxicosis

I recommend you remove the wooden dowel perches in the aviary and replace them with natural wooden perches of varying diameters to help prevent pressure sores.
Pressure Sores
The information in this link will give examples of better options for perches:
Essentials for a Great Cage

The budgies need shredding toys, swings, cuttle bones and mineral blocks, multiple food and water dishes, etc.
Essentials for a Great Cage

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
List of Stickies
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
Cage sizes.
Dangers to Pet Birds
Resource Directory

·
Super Moderator
18,458 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forums!

Your new budgies are very pretty. I'll just go through the photos from left to right :)

The first budgie in the first photo is a rainbow budgie, sky blue yellow face II opaline fullbody greywing (from my best guess - was the photo taken with a flash?)

In the second photo, it looks like the first budgie on the nearest perch is the same budgie, correct? If so I definitely believe full body greywing. The blue budgie next to her is a cobalt single factor violet opaline clearwing budgie.

Assuming that the third photo is them again, the budgies in the fourth photo are a sky blue yellow face II opaline (not rainbow, farthest on the perch) and a cobalt goldenface opaline greywing budgie (also not rainbow).

It looks like that's her in the last photo, too, and I can't tell if the blue budgie next to her is the same one as the one in the 2 and 3 photos because that budgie looks a bit lighter than the other two but also the lighting is a bit off!

Be sure to read through the forums' many budgie articles and "stickies", provided above by FaeryBee, to ensure you're up to date on the best of budgie care practices! If you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we'd love to help.

Hope to see you around! 👋

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much. I'm new to this, and your site helped me a lot so much. I've been reading post and hope to keep learning to provide the best environment for the budgies.

The male budgie in the third and fourth photo are siblings. I don't wish to breed them at the moment. I wanna learn all that I can first.

Thank you again, I appreciate your help.

·
Super Moderator
18,458 Posts
It's great to hear that you're not thinking of breeding at this time and are going to learn as much as you can about budgies first (y) That's a sign you're going to be a great budgie parent.

Let us know if you have questions as you keep reading through things! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.