Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Could somebody please help a beginner with a question? My dark green pied spangle
keeps changing where his colors are. Any idea when he's going to settle on a look
and keep it?

I bought him in January, and he was about 10 months old. He was definitely a spangle,
a lovely yellow bird with green running shorts. A few months later, I realized that his
running shorts had been pulled up to his chin, and his entire belly was green. Yesterday
I discovered that not only had it reached his chin, now it's run around the back of his neck.
His head is still yellow. His back and wings are still yellow, but now he's wearing a
green collar.

Is this normal? He's over a year old now, and a grown up guy who says he's
ready to breed (I disagree), so as he is mature in other respects, has he likely
settled on a final look or will the colors continue to migrate. I'm so confused.
I wish I could post a picture, but until I get a camera that works, I'm kind of
stuck in that regard.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
I don't have an answer... Sunny's colors changed tremendously after his first molt, now he's got tons more green than he had as a baby.
He's about 16 months old now. I don't know if the colors will continue to change or if he's settled on his coloration now.

I'll be as interested as you in seeing the answers from some of our mutations experts!! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.