Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiiii,
shadow has only just recently started to let me give her head rubs. Now she even nudges my hand and lets me know when she would like one, but ever since i started she kind of does the actions of regurgitating. Like not throwing up but the actions before…. I get wat I mean 😂😂

if any body could tell me if this is normal or not.

Thanks for any help

·
Administrator
57,084 Posts
The action you are describing is what budgies do when they are going to feed one another.

She is obviously enjoying your attention. However, with a female you need to be careful as you don't want to stimulate breeding instincts.
Never pet her back or her tail.

Is she in condition or near being in condition?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

yeah I never pet her back or tail as I know this stimulates them.

her cere is going brown crusty so I know that means she’s coming into condition.

thank you

·
Administrator
57,084 Posts
Be careful that you don't pet her head too much as that may excite her as well since she's coming into condition.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Are you sure it's regurgitating and not yawning? My chickens would do this, and so do my budgies. If you hit just the right spot (somewhere near their eardrum), it makes them yawn. They can't help it. It's slow and gentle and big stretch vibes.

If they're regurgitating, you will instantly know the difference. It's more vigorous, the head bobs are obvious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts