Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I can clearly see my budgie is pied (not sure which type but it has the "coin" on the back of the head, and the flight feathers are clear which makes it clearflight pied i guess???), it is yellow face and it is diluted to some extent (not sure how much)

The wings are kind of yellowish (not as yellow as the face, on the photo they look completely white to me but in real the wings are kind of yellow)

And the body is some diluted blue

Can you tell me what type of yellow face is SHE/HE?

p.s. i forgot to mention it seems it is opaline as well, right?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I'd go with Yellow Face 1 as it looks to be quite pale, but I am no expert at identifying the yf varieties. It is hard to tell the gender with the fuzzy images, but if there is a whitish ring around the nostrils then it is a girl. It could be a Clearflight Pied or a Dominant Pied without many patches. If there are pied areas down low on the abdomen I would guess Dominant Pied. THe body colour looks like Skyblue, and doesn't seem diluted much to me.

Very pretty!:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Since yf1 is the most pale, that would be the first on the mind but your hen has a very pale color, almost white. So i would say double factor yf, which makes it lighter when 2 copies of the gene is present. I couldnt say which type though. Yf is sometimes very hard to recognise, especially with the double genes its almost impossible to make a precise guess. Other than that, i would say she is a db yf, blue, dominant pied.

·
Super Moderator
18,573 Posts
She is beautiful :)

She is a cobalt (sky violet?), opaline, yellowface I budgie. Not sure about clearflight pied vs. dominant pied, if the wings are the only part of her affected it is probably cleaflight.

The dilution you may be seeing is the effect the opaline gene has on body colour--it dilutes it up to 20% in some cases. Df yellowface actually makes the face white, not lighter yellow, so it is not this. Yellowface 1 is paler than some other yellowface so it seems like that is what she is to me :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
She is beautiful :)

Df yellowface actually makes the face white, not lighter yellow, so it is not this.
Only in YF1, in YF2 and Golden Face double factor is still yellow but of different strength.

I am not seeing Opaline on this bird, but the wing markings don't seem as black as usual. Are they black or brown?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No the wings are not brown. That would be cinnamon then. The markings are black but kund of washed out not full color but like faded away a bit. Also all other colors. The blue part as well as the yellow

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
The reduction in body colour and wing markings can be due to the effect of a diluting variety, or it may just be due to being young and it will darken with adult plumage. The strength of the yellow is caused by the specific Yellow Face variety that is present, it would not be reduced by whatever is reducing the body colour etc. :) That made sense in my mind, but not so much when I wrote it down....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After reading some more about the color mutations I cling more towards the idea that the dilution is due to the opaline and greywing factor... so I would say she is:

YF type1 - pale yellow face and blue body with white flight feathers

clearflight - the only pied marks i could see on her are flight feathers and the coin on the back of her head, there is no ribbon as the dominant pieds have, only white flight feathers

greywing - causing the dilution of the color

opaline - causing slight dilution and forcing blue/black stripes over the wings instead the white/black ones in the regular budgies

Someone more experienced than me please correct me if i got this wrong

·
Super Moderator
18,573 Posts
If she were greywing, her black markings would be grey, not black. The only dilution I'm seeing is mild from the opaline :)

Other than that, nice job! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.