Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
once again a question from my friend budgie breeder.
he's on a quest to breed rainbows. he wants to know which of these two cocks would be better to use to pair with a clearwing hen on his quest to breed rainbows.

Attachments

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Both are dominant pied as well as the required mutations for a rainbow. If he wants to breed a true rainbow he would be better to choose a bird that is not dominant pied. If he just wants to breed a colourful budgie either would be ok but I'd prefer the second one

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I'd choose the second one, but unless he WANTS dominant pied in his rainbows, using either of those cocks will give you a fair amount of wastage (eg chicks carrying dominant pied that will not be useful for further breeding if you do not want dominant pied in your rainbows). If he does want rainbows with dominant pied as well, purely for his own preferences then either are fine. I would still choose the second if i had to pick one.

·
Registered
113 Posts
anyway their way to young to breed and u cannot breed rainbow gene unless u breed ones the parents and then bree a rainbow baby with a clearwing ressesive pied to get a true rainbow color

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.