Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a white female budgie who is albino (red eyes) and a male budgie who is the natural colour (Not mutated colours or anything).

I have a decision to make and I want to know what sort of colours I would get from chicks if these two did actually produce a clutch?

I've heard Albino budgies are not as common as others, so what sorts of colours might I expect if I breed the two?

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
in your title is says the male is green and blue but then you go on to say he's the normal type green budgie? I'm not an expert but I think that if you put albino hen and normal green **** together you'd just get normals but the boys would be split for blue ino and the girls would be split for blue.

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
The ino gene is a sex linked mutation. As Allie said if breeding a ino hen this means that all the babies will show as normals but the males are split for Ino. Unless of course your male and female are masking other mutations.

If this is the same bird you are referring to in another thread then we are looking at a ****. If you breed him with a normal then you can expect all the females to be Ino and the males to be normals split for ino.

Good luck with the breeding. There is a ton of info in this section of the forum that is well worth a look through.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ino gene is a sex linked mutation. As Allie said if breeding a ino hen this means that all the babies will show as normals but the males are split for Ino. Unless of course your male and female are masking other mutations.

If this is the same bird you are referring to in another thread then we are looking at a ****. If you breed him with a normal then you can expect all the females to be Ino and the males to be normals split for ino.

Good luck with the breeding. There is a ton of info in this section of the forum that is well worth a look through.
Hi there! Thanks for your response! Yes the male I have is the one which I have attached a picture of below, I'm wanting to mate him with my albino female who has a white body and red eyes. So are you basically saying the babies will likely be the same colors as the male? I'm new to all the mutation names and everything lol :)

Attachments

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
Hi there! Thanks for your response! Yes the male I have is the one which I have attached a picture of below, I'm wanting to mate him with my albino female who has a white body and red eyes. So are you basically saying the babies will likely be the same colors as the male? I'm new to all the mutation names and everything lol :)
Yes, all the babies should take after the father as his colouring is the dominant mutation. Though without knowing his exact ancestory you may get a surprise. I think this is all part of the fun :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.