Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I know there are albinos and dark eyed clears. I was talking to a breeder today about his available birds and he threw in at the end of our conversation that he had a white budgie, but it's not an albino. When I asked if it was a DEC or DF spangle, he said, "No. It's a white." Anybody know what this means? Thanks!

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
The only pure white Budgies I am aware of are Albinos, Dark Eyed Clears and Double Factor Spangles. I am not aware of any other mutation causing them to be pure white.

Can you get any pictures from them? Could be a douvle factor dominant pied with very faint or little to no markings.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be going there tomorrow and seing the bird in person so I can have pictures then. I'm wondering if it's a dilute. I don't know. He totally confused me talking about it.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
I'll be going there tomorrow and seing the bird in person so I can have pictures then. I'm wondering if it's a dilute. I don't know. He totally confused me talking about it.
Hmm would have expected a dilute to still have some body colour and markings.

Will wait for the pictures tomorrow :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Originally dilutes were called whites or yellows. Most of the modern dilutes show some color

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,409 Posts
White---

Hi. I believe Nev has the answer. Here in US dilutes, white and yellow really have light blue or green markings that are close but not a clear color.

Blessings,

Jo Ann:budgie:

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She is, indeed, a dilute, and I brought her home with me. Brought back a beauty of a sky blue clearwing to pair her with when she's a bit older. :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well done and I'm very happy for you!

Was the "Clearwing" bird a specific gene-type you were after?....well, I'm pleased that you may now breed some of your own clearwings, fbc greywings, ect...well, in a few months that is!

Yes, we can't wait to see pictures!...especially of the "white" bird you (did you say) brought home?

All of best and enjoy them..!
jacodk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.