Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These 2 babies are from two different clutches but related. This one is from a violet opaline spangle (Hamish) and sky blue opaline (Luna). This is their 3rd clutch and this is the first that has been like this. He has very pale grey/white chest and very pale blue on his wings and back.
Frosty:

This baby is from Hamish & Luna's son Neptune. Neptune is opaline cobalt violet and his partner is Spangle, a violet spangle.
This baby has a pure white chest and pale violet on its wings and back.

What would the mutations of these two be please??:D

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
They are clearbodies :)

Assuming it is the texas variety which is sex linked, If neither mom Or dad are a clear body hamish the dad must be split for it and passed the gene to his son Neptune, meaning the chicks are females :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hoped you would say they were clearbodies. I love them but didn't know they could just pop up in my little flock. The colour is so delicate its just beautiful. How does the genetics work with clearbodies. Would she be able to breed male clearbodies from a normal male partner?

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Since it is sex linked a female Texas clear body can only produce males that are split for it ehen paired to a normal male, and all the females produced would be normals :) To get visuals you need a male this I split to it or is visually a clear body.

I agree they are gorgeous!! I have a female myself that I am getting ready to pair, I can't wait to have little Clearbodies running around :giggle:

I do know what the Ino gene is recessive to the Texas clear body gene :)

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
They are quite gorgeous aren't they? I breed them, I have about 20 or 30. I mainly have the blue series, mostly related to my DF violet hen. All of my clearbodies bar one are opaline's. Your little ones are opaline's as well. I have a few Easley Clearbodies in the green series, and one or two in the blue.

Clearbodies are often bred to ino's to lessen the suffusion in them. Here is a table which include's ino pairing's. Ino is recessive to TCB. Note that this table is for Texas Clearbodies.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, what a great table - I can actually understand it.
So it looks like I'll be on the search for a clearbody or ino boy for her in the future.
I suppose if I got a lutino or a yellow series, I may get some of both.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are beautiful. I can't wait for the younger one to fledge and see how lovely she actually is. She is also so big for her age. In another nest I have one three days older, and this one is bigger. I was only planning on keeping a couple of boys from this round of babies, but I think I'll have to keep these two. I may have to invest in another aviary!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.