Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

That would started out with these gorgeous ones

And ended up captively breeding such amazing mutations like
those you see today as pets ^_^ Incredible :)

:budgie:

That is all :)

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
Good post! That is so true! If I ever saw a wild one before mutations i could never imagine the beauties we have today!

·
Registered
76 Posts
but just imagine the first ones, how did they feel when we took them from their homes (australia)?...it's kinda sad to imagine how it all began, but now we try the best for them...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,952 Posts
It really is amazing isn't it? :D

but just imagine the first ones, how did they feel when we took them from their homes (australia)?...it's kinda sad to imagine how it all began, but now we try the best for them...:rolleyes:
The same way dogs & cats felt as well as other animals when first being domesticated. Humans were once wild creatures as well.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
It makes me wonder so much - the origination of green budgies - yet these days no one wants a green one. I have a few green (by chioce) and yet breeders some round and their opinion is - get rid of the greens - no one wants a green!! Makes me feel quite sad really :(

·
Registered
10,952 Posts
It makes me wonder so much - the origination of green budgies - yet these days no one wants a green one. I have a few green (by chioce) and yet breeders some round and their opinion is - get rid of the greens - no one wants a green!! Makes me feel quite sad really :(
I want green! I always end up with a blue one for some reason :eek:
Gotta say having a grey budgie is my dream! Would love one of each colour :p

·
Registered
642 Posts
I've also heard green budgies are generally stronger and healthier because they aren't inbred as much in their past generations. Maybe that is why Koko is so strong at her age. :)

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I wish you were closer to me Sue and I would gladly give you one of my new babies, they are just about ready for rehoming:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I've also heard green budgies are generally stronger and healthier because they aren't inbred as much in their past generations. Maybe that is why Koko is so strong at her age. :)
greens and blues and any other colour are just as likely to be inbred as each other. the colours are passed on independantly of other features so it is no indication of inbreeding.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It really is amazing isn't it? :D

The same way dogs & cats felt as well as other animals when first being domesticated. Humans were once wild creatures as well.
Agreed, everything/one was "wild" at some point. Even plants are grown
in "captivity" by us these days :)

I find it so amazing how far Budgie mutations have come :)

You are absolutely right Sue and in reference to the human aspect - unf some still are !! :)
hahaha ^_^ Agreed

Wow.. I never really thought of that :)
Its amazing.
Isnt it just. And to see those colours next to each other.
Those wild green are so beautiful & such vivid depth to their colours.
Imagine how well their cheek patches glow & glimmer for the girls! :D

Awwh really? Seems sad if thats true. They are ever so pretty,
and all equals. Everyone deserves a chance to a great life :)

I want green! I always end up with a blue one for some reason :eek:
Gotta say having a grey budgie is my dream! Would love one of each colour :p
I havent owned a grey, I think I would like to add done to my flock :)

I wish you were closer to me Sue and I would gladly give you one of my new babies, they are just about ready for rehoming:

They are SOOO cute :D

greens and blues and any other colour are just as likely to be inbred as each other. the colours are passed on independantly of other features so it is no indication of inbreeding.
Makes sense, The line from first breeding is soo long now.

imagine the face on the person that breed the first ever non green bird, must of shouted 'IM RICH!!!'
:O
I never thought of that. I bet you are so right.
I wonder if we could find it on google? The first budgie to mutate in
colour, and the man/woman who did it :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.