Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
This is actually my photo. This is NOT the birds true color. The bird in the photo had a white head and a violet body. I had changed the coloration to make it easier to ask a question about the relationship between the violet factor mutation and the yellow face type two mutation. I found that there is no way to breed a bird that looks like this. The yellow would darken and grey down the violet body color.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No wonder I have never seen one...lol... but in my new clutch, I have a chick coloring up that has a yellow head and what I thought was a purple body...maybe it is blue...must get new pics tommorrow. Thanks for the quick answer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What affect would the yellow have on the viloet body upon mature age? Just dul, darken, or a muddy effect?

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
thanks it worked that time

I've not had a yellow face of that color but I've had a normal white face about the same color

he was a Double factor Violet - Both of his parents were Yellow Face Violets (true violets they were Purple like a Crayola Crayon - But could never get pictures to match what they looked like in person - and he looked identical to them w/out the yellow face -

this is the only picture I've ever got of him that was as true to color as possible - I took it with one of my kids crappy cameras - hence the really bad grainy look.. it's when he was about a month or a month and half old

he didnt have a yellow face- he liked his yellow mineral block a little too much

Him as an Adult - Always came out looking blue but he was not blue and every one in person could see that - and most didn't know mutations and asked How I got a Purple Parakeet

If you look on his right foot you can see his purple leg band- He matched that leg band pretty well :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
There are a lot of fake photos of violets on the net. here's one that shows the same photo 3 times with a bit of simple shade adjustment

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.