Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,511 Posts
The lighter more wet droppings are the ones that look abnormal, the consistency can be effected by what is being eaten, what is being eaten?

·
Super Moderator
3,511 Posts
I would hold off on the fruits and veggies for a day and see if the droppings return to normal. Don't feed too much fruit, it is too high in sugar, veggies are better.

·
Registered
Mango , Kiwi and late berry
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My budgie wws eating apple today and he was eating it really fast. After sometime he started bobbing his head and his head feathers were wet. I took him to vet right away. The vet gave him medicine and he said we need to continue it for 3-5 days. The first dose of medicine is done he is still vomiting. His head is wet what can I do ?

·
Super Moderator
3,511 Posts
There are multiple reasons why a bird can vomit, one of the common reasons is an infection of some sort in the crop. Did the vet do any tests, without testing it is not possible to determine the exact cause. I don't know what medications are available where you are but there are those that will help control the vomiting and then you need another to treat the infection if there is one, could be bacterial or fungal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are multiple reasons why a bird can vomit, one of the common reasons is an infection of some sort in the crop. Did the vet do any tests, without testing it is not possible to determine the exact cause. I don't know what medications are available where you are but there are those that will help control the vomiting and then you need another to treat the infection if there is one, could be bacterial or fungal.
I think he choked

·
Super Moderator
3,511 Posts
If there was something stuck in the crop he should stop vomiting once it is expelled, was it an avian vet that saw him, the vet should have been able to feel the crop and determine if something was stuck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If there was something stuck in the crop he should stop vomiting once it is expelled, was it an avian vet that saw him, the vet should have been able to feel the crop and determine if something was stuck.
He has stopped vomiting. But he is sleeping too much.

·
Super Moderator
3,511 Posts
The sleeping could be because he is ill or from the stress of the vomiting and vet visit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As I told you that he choked yesterday and was vomiting now he is fine but his poop. His poop is odd.

·
Super Moderator
3,511 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the color of the droppings, what did it look like previously that you think these are abnormal?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts