Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Reed my new blue (I am not sure on the specific blue) girl is turning green. It started out as a little bit of green on her back, then some on her chest and now it looks like her whole body is turning green! It's a very bright light green, is she going to end up being green?

I can't get a better picture of her color because I only have my camera phone but I can tell you that her blue isn't as bright as the picture it's a more violet or darker color, now with bright green feathers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
See the little bit of yellow on his face? This means that you have a "yellow face." There are two types of yellow-face, type I and type II. Type I retains the yellow face and the white feather base everywhere else. Type II retains the yellow face but has the feather base color "wash" into the body feathers, turning the base from white to yellow. Yellow and blue make green, although it will be a blue-green. Type IIs vary in the amount of wash that occurs -- some are slight and others are fully body. (I believe that the lower belly feathers remain blue in all Type IIs, but I'm not 100 percent certain of that.) One member here says that the amount of color in one of her birds varies from molt to molt.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Yup looks like a yellowface type 2 to me aswell.

You could end up with a totally bright green looking bird or one with green patches, or one like mine that does change with each moult.

Will have to take pictures of him at every moult to show the difference, might see if I can find some of his old pictures.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I agree with the others. You've got a lovely yellow face type 2! I have one as well, and he's a pretty dark turquoise color almost all over. You have to look way down on his lower belly in the right light to see any real blue. Budgies also have a habit of changing color a little when they molt.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for your replies :D She is getting more and more green I will post some pics the first one is how she looked when she first came home. The second one it's a little hard to tell but the darker patches are green feathers and the last one shows the green really clearly on her tail :D

Attachments

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Could it be ENVY!:speechless-smiley-0:laugh::speechless-smiley-0

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.