Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've just got a new hand raised baby budgie and the breeder said it's wings are taped. Do I have to remove the tape or does it eventually fall off with its first molt? I feel sorry for it. Is this a common thing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's flight feathers are taped. U can't really see cos they are tucked under and I don't want to stress it out grabbing it at the moment. Its instead of clipping the wings so it can't fly away. I haven't heard of it before. I only just got it yesterday, apparently its hand raised but it's very scared. I'm guessing 6ish weeks. I'll post pic. I think its a boy?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thankyou so much. I will tackle it when my husband gets home today. Hopefully it won't stress him too much. It's such a shame to have to do this and frighten him when he's just settling in. I'll let yius know if we have any issues. Thanks 😊

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have cut the tape on his wings so now he can fly but it’s so stuck on if would pull feathers too much. I have left the little bit that’s left at the moment. Hoping it will fall off completely soon. It doesn’t seem to be bothering him. The breeder just said it’s instead of wing clipping and u can take it off whenever you want. I’m guessing this is something she hasn’t done as it’s not an easy thing. I appreciate everyone’s help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.