Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering about their mutations and their possible offspring's mutations.

Winter seems like a Greywing,while Emmett's wings confuse me. They seem like a mixture of black with a shade of brown, which is called "Cinammon"? There's black visible but if I look closely enough (and at the feathers he dropped) they were a shade of light brown.

Emmett also has a yellow face...so he is a yellow based budgie?

Winter has it white...what about her colouring...cobalt?

Also how common are their mutations on a scale of 1 to 10?

Winter:

Emmett:

Both:

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Both are blue series budgies

Emmett - Yellow face Sky blue
Winter - Cobalt Grey wing

both look like boys to me

and their mutations are not rare at all They're extremely common!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Emmett- Normal sky blue with Yellowface type 1.

Winter- Violet greywing

This is just my opinion. c: Still practicing with figuring out what mutations budgies are.

·
Registered
735 Posts
XD Also forgot about the fading agents of the greywing mutation.

Let's all agree she is a Violet cobalt Full-body-color greywing! (What a mouth full. :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Both are blue series budgies

Emmett - Yellow face Sky blue
Winter - Cobalt Grey wing

both look like boys to me

and their mutations are not rare at all They're extremely common!
Winter is a female. Her cere is tanning, and her back of the head is flat like most female budgies. :)

Emmett- Normal sky blue with Yellowface type 1.

Winter- Violet greywing

This is just my opinion. c: Still practicing with figuring out what mutations budgies are.
Is Winter not also FBC greywing? S/he looks a lot more vibrant than my violet cobalt greywing.
XD Also forgot about the fading agents of the greywing mutation.

Let's all agree she is a Violet cobalt Full-body-color greywing! (What a mouth full. :rolleyes:)
But what about Emmett's wings? They are brownish in some parts and blackish in other parts. Is he part cinnamon?

So how rare are their mutations on the scale of 1-10. And how are their offsprings likely to turn out?

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
assuming on your scale 1 is not rare at all they would be a 1 actually a 0 - but that wasn't a choice :giggle: - like i stated earlier they are not rare at all their mutations are very common

The brown could be cinnamon but most likely just the shade of grey wing - sometimes its darker , sometimes its lighter some times its 2 toned - doesn't always mean its cinnamon as well unless Winter is split to grey wing you wouldn't get any grey wings you'll get all blue series BUT since she's obvisouly not cinnamon and if you got any cinnamon(hoping she's not split to grey wing to mess it up more) then you would know if Emmet was cinnamon

but as I see it right now (and I'm even on a different computer that is showing the colors better than the one i was on yesterday) I see no brown at all. so its most likely just the way his grey wing came out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.